Hood bag fixingd

Hi All

My TR5 originally had a black hood. It's previously been changed to white. I intend to go back to black. It currently has 7 lift the dot posts in front of the rear deck and 3 press studs down the side. My question is this correct. I have fitted lift the dots to my cover and am about to fit my hood bag but would like it to be original. What is correct.

Cheers Sean.

Hi Sean, Mine is as you have described, but i think that is as a tr4/4a....the studs each side are right, but i think it should be studs right round,then the full tonneau ,if fitted, would also be right.

See what the others say,

Sounds like its too late now.

Conrad.

Standard TR5 is studs all round, TR4a is LTD across the back fixed to the hood bar.

Stuart.

What fasteners are fitted in your tonneau and hood stick cover?

They will determine what you fit across the back rail that secures the hood to the deck, unless you are renewing all 3 vinyl items (hood/tonneau/hood stick cover) and want originality.

Swapping LTD fasteners for Durable Dots in the vinyl parts is messy as LTD fastener pierces 1 large and 4 small holes in the fabric, the Durable Dot only one small hole.

Cheers

Peter W