So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BRENDA1 said:

Morning Angus, what are your fixings for you wire wheels they look very nice and a change from the 2 eared fixings could you do a close up photo and how they fix.

Mike Redrose Group 

I suspect theyre bolt on wires, not knock ons, available over here at MWS but only in 14" at the correct PCD http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=552

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Weather is very nice, winter is over, hopefully we have no freezing temperatures over night anymore.

So we decided put out all citrus plants out in the garden and on the terrace again,

The garage is all mine again - for the next 6 months!

A busy weekend, fitted an alicool radiator with an integrated fan, this created some space in front of the engine and I might be able to get a socket on the crank nut now! I then under sealed the car using Upol, not too bad a job as I have a compressor and sprayed it on. For today’s entertainment I fitted an old Kenlowe fan manual override switch and connected it to the wiring for my Revotec fan, the Revotec remote switch doesn’t have a tell tale light, a bit of an omission in my opinion.

Washed the Range Rover, but gave up trying to get rid of all the dog hairs from the interior.

Finally put the finishing touches to my modified Surrey Top which now has a header rail and appropriate catches at the front and mini rocker cover fixings at the rear. 

No leaks and easy and quick to erect.

Nigel

21 minutes ago, Nigel A said:

Washed the Range Rover, but gave up trying to get rid of all the dog hairs from the interior.

Finally put the finishing touches to my modified Surrey Top which now has a header rail and appropriate catches at the front and mini rocker cover fixings at the rear. 

No leaks and easy and quick to erect.

Nigel

Somethings gone wrong Nigel, the photo's aren't attached !

Mick Richards

I am currently bring a 1976 Triumph Bonneville T140V back to life. She is a US barn find Import. Over the Easter weekend I took advantage of the good weather to take on painting the tank. Here's a few pics of before, during and after although the order has become mixed up in the upload.

Cheers,

Sean

20200411_190206.jpg

20200407_124356.jpg

20200411_154325.jpg

20200411_190155.jpg

Edited by SeanF

That looks splendid Sean, is that a rattle can job or something more professional (I guess so).

Cheers,

Waldi

Dropped my box of star washers on the floor.

Spent the afternoon sortng them into their sizes and types

3/16" to 1/2 id with internal and external star.

Onto the stainless covers for the inner front wing Dzus brackets next...

Cheers

Peter W

Dropped em.JPG

Picke em up.JPG

Dzus covers.JPG

5 hours ago, Waldi said:

That looks splendid Sean, is that a rattle can job or something more professional (I guess so).

Cheers,

Waldi

Thanks Waldi. The colours are all 1k rattle can base coats but they then have about 5 coats of 2k clear over the top

Being unable to get the tub to the blasters I spent the a few hours renovating the window channels and winders. The channels were put back together with solid rivets rather than pop rivets  and the winder boxes opened up as per Ed's site and the pinons welded up as one had broken loose, de-rusted, plated and washers welded to the end covers as they were oval and in my opinion not strong enough for the forces been put through them so were beefed up. Thought about adding a couple of grease nipples but then getting to them would mean taking the door cards off.

Andy

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Hi Sean

Great result from rattle cans. Amazing what can be achieved with a bit of time and patience, was the 2k clear also from a can or from a gun?

Andy

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Thanks Waldi. The colours are all 1k rattle can base coats but they then have about 5 coats of 2k clear over the top

This is very timely and inspiration Sean, as i’m restoring an old honda during lockdown and was thinking of attempting to repaint the tank myself....... 

i’ll give it a go following your fabulous example, i may have questions !

steve

here’s my tank, i was hoping to save the paint but the tank needs quite a lot of repairs so that’s doubtful.

0E4C7376-A098-429E-B4C9-346C59335067.jpeg

Edited by Steves_TR6
46 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Hi Sean

Great result from rattle cans. Amazing what can be achieved with a bit of time and patience, was the 2k clear also from a can or from a gun?

Andy

Thanks Andy. I sprayed the 2k clear with a gun.

8 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

This is very timely and inspiration Sean, as i’m restoring an old honda during lockdown and was thinking of attempting to repaint the tank myself....... 

i’ll give it a go following your fabulous example, i may have questions !

steve

No problem Steve. Ask away and thanks for the kind words.

Sean

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

Being unable to get the tub to the blasters I spent the a few hours renovating the window channels and winders. The channels were put back together with solid rivets rather than pop rivets  and the winder boxes opened up as per Ed's site and the pinons welded up as one had broken loose, de-rusted, plated and washers welded to the end covers as they were oval and in my opinion not strong enough for the forces been put through them so were beefed up. Thought about adding a couple of grease nipples but then getting to them would mean taking the door cards off.

Andy

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

You could always do what a lot of prewar cars had which is run plastic pipe to the front angled face of the door frame and fit a remote nipple there.

Stuart.

27 minutes ago, stuart said:

You could always do what a lot of prewar cars had which is run plastic pipe to the front angled face of the door frame and fit a remote nipple there.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart sounds like a good idea when I come to rebuild the doors.

Andy

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:04 PM, Steves_TR6 said:

here’s my tank, i was hoping to save the paint but the tank needs quite a lot of repairs so that’s doubtful.

0E4C7376-A098-429E-B4C9-346C59335067.jpeg

Doesn't look too bad from the side you've pictured Steve

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

Doesn't look too bad from the side you've pictured Steve

Yes but it’s more colander than tank on the other side and underneath Sean !

20200409_084418735_iOS.jpg

I spent an hour today with a spare glove box key and an old heater control knob. 
When the car is parked the knob can be popped in the glove box and the lid locked with the key which lives on the fob. 

8783D47C-DF7C-4F7F-8CD1-99DC2B754770.jpeg

A9F490FB-691F-4301-A41B-D08058B941A4.jpeg

Afternoon all hope we are all staying safe and keeping well. Not in the garage but just outside, as we cannot go for our usual Sunday day out in Brenda I’ll just have to settle for just giving them all a wash to get the dust off them.

Mike Redrose Group 

401520DD-570E-4DA0-A0B9-85DA1C1ABB20.jpeg

ECF5609F-FCDA-44EA-ADCE-C9875980B6EA.jpeg

My Honda CB550 project is making great progress

two of the four carbs were corroded away, so i ordered the only reasonable set on ebay in europe, most were in the us

these arrived yesterday so i stripped and ultrasonically cleaned them, then made up a good set of four.

this morning i assembled these onto the manifold and bench synced them

lunchtime saw the big moment, will it run .......

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhDJKiWSrX7_tXMdX3KPIAV2g0Q5

Two of the carbs leaked heavily from their overflows, but a float swap seems to have cured this and all is good

just need a charging system, Tank, exhaust, brakes........

steve