So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Flatting back my panels from my TR6 in preparation of getting the finish coat of paint in about 6 weeks time. a bit boring but the end is in sight !

Len

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Did you flush the heater?

Not this time Neil, extensive flush two years ago though.

Old coolant come out really clean this time so hopefully no crud in the system, and heater works :-)

Steve

Not this time Neil, extensive flush two years ago though.

Old coolant come out really clean this time so hopefully no crud in the system, and heater works :-)

Steve

Steve

Good man,did one last year ( not one of mine) and I could not believe what came out

Neil, doing this job at present, changing pipes to silicon. Pipes done in the engine bay. Tomorrow.......heater pipes. How easy is this change over and removal to flush the heater matrix ?

Bad back at the moment!!!!!!!

Cheers Peter

I've spent the morning repairing my fence, it was nice to have a bigger garden but people kept looking in!

Out in the TR after lunch

The heater pipes are tricky to reach, laying upside down in the footwell with feet out the door worked for me.

The first car I did this on had a very corroded bulkhead connector, which made the job very difficult.

So Peter, if you are having new hoses then consider replacing the bulkhead connector to make things easier?

Regards

Steve

Thanks Neil. Yes, I will flush the heater from the engine bay and then reconnect the pipe work and refill the system. Perhaps tackle in pipes inside the car when the weather is better and I can potter with it on the drive. Peter

Oil and coolant change on the 6 , hoping to get out for a spin tomorrow

Sun shone for an hour between the showers, and after I did some impromptu fence erection..... So took the TR out for a blast.

What a car !

Now I have had a few nice cars, including four Porsche 911s from a Whale Tail to a PDK equipped 997s, and numerous motorbikes, but I can honestly say I enjoy driving my TR6 at least as much as any of them.

This may be because everyone loves you when you're out in the TR, and fun occurs at sensible speeds, in any case as the revs climb towards 6000 and the engine goes all screamy you can't help but grin like a child.

Happy Days as my sorely missed friend Simon would have said.

PS, it's still it as great as sailing Amita though, especially single handed on the open sea, maybe heading for a new port with the prospect of sun and beer and nice food...... Next week

Just changed my late front bumper for a correct early one. Really makes more of a difference than I thought it would, very pleased!

Similar to you Steve although a little bit ahead..

Getting ready to send the tub off for media blasting. Have to remove all the horrid old underseal so butane torch, scraper and thinners are the tools of the day.

What a horrid mess it makes!

IMG_20160404_173531.jpg