So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Darn Hamish.,   you must be getting those tyres really smoking ..that your alternator needs a heat shield to protect itself from them  !   :lol:

But it does look pretty neat.  Nice job. B)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Fitted one of those battery isolators to go with the new alternator.

also narrowed my car lift as per ELITR6 suggestion. 

DA047BC9-8A06-47BB-97D1-A0D673C7D864.jpeg

C04C9EB7-B155-4DBC-9295-27ED0670530A.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Pics

Improved the drainage as per Ed's site skim of seam sealer when the time comes. Thinking about it now I should have zinc plated them before welding them into place :(

Drain 2.jpg

drain.jpg

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

Improved the drainage as per Ed's site skim of seam sealer when the time comes. Thinking about it now I should have zinc plated them before welding them into place :(

Drain 2.jpg

drain.jpg

I make a box shape for that as the hole in the wing is quite large at that point

Stuart.

5420219_TonysTR6372.thumb.jpg.d068a2eb4df9c95a4aba1ae7964d6ee6.jpg

5 minutes ago, stuart said:

I make a box shape for that as the hole in the wing is quite large at that point

Stuart.

5420219_TonysTR6372.thumb.jpg.d068a2eb4df9c95a4aba1ae7964d6ee6.jpg

Hi Stuart

Might have guessed you had a simpler solution!

I've drilled a hole in the sill just front of the A post and another through the back of the sill so the water will exit there.

1 minute ago, PodOne said:

Hi Stuart

Might have guessed you had a simpler solution!

I've drilled a hole in the sill just front of the A post and another through the back of the sill so the water will exit there.

Ive never been keen on the exit through the sill idea hence the way I do it.

Stuart.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:02 PM, Clarkey said:

So far this week, I've had the Rev counter out to replace the oil warning indicator that came out during the trip to the I.O.W.(years ago):lol:,Bit of a Bu@@er to remove, but job done.

this afternoon im going to fit my Overdrive logic that I bought back in 2013 that I found in the garage last weekend:lol::lol: 

What a waste of my time that was 

2 days gone, logic doesn’t work
spoken with revingtons also a couple of prominent members lots of head scratching and still no joy 

pile of **** in the bin you go  
some time’s its better to leave well alone 

will be gone soon 

thank god 

Edited by Clarkey
19 hours ago, Clarkey said:

What a waste of my time that was 

2 days gone, logic doesn’t work
spoken with revingtons also a couple of prominent members lots of head scratching and still no joy 

pile of **** in the bin you go  
some time’s its better to leave well alone 

will be gone soon 

thank god 

Clarkey dont bin it, if you don't want it I will have it.

Stuart.

On 7/25/2014 at 9:27 PM, openroad said:

Trying to get at and undo the gearbox filler plug, cant have been done for years,and wants to burr off all the time.....cant believe something so easy,can be so difficult.

Have tried allsorts, so thats me sorted...

If i do it, i will be off to Donnington to Triumphfest.

Conrad.

Conrad, do you have the square ended spanner for that job?

Having just replaced front/ rear suspension bushes, factory road springs, back to 165 x 15 Pirellis, ally fuel tank and other bits and pieces, just cleaned and polished and ready for France (of course Covid notwithstanding). I can’t believe how much better the car feels now having made those changes. Finger crossed.

6628B468-7B85-45B6-A1D3-E7B10FD6D687.jpeg

C0B08F03-B7F3-4B09-AC02-B019FE61DA15.jpeg

A9032C45-67F0-4256-8311-6AA62DDA80A7.jpeg

When I first brought my car I had to replace the CAM and oil pump as some of the existing cam journals had worn and deposited metal into the oil. At the time I replaced the oil pressure relief valve spring. Since then the oil pressure at start up has been high at 100psi. Today I swapped the spring for one out of my spare engine - oil pressure now a more relaxed 75 PSI at start-up.  

I never liked the high start-up pressure as in my mind it was unnecessary and just stressed the oil pump and filter. I guess the replacement spring was an "uprated" item as it was about 10mm longer than the used item i fitted.

Just collected a pair of trailing arms from being vapour blasted, I'm quite impressed with the finish, will probably lacquer them now.

arms.jpg

Following on from fitting my alternator and keeping the ammeter I fitted a cheap volt meter. It’s quite bright so I have wired it via a switch, tucked away behind the display, so I can turn it off.

may put some tinted window film over it yet.

B11DA9B4-31BD-49CB-A508-C49932A07B56.jpeg

Finally got round to 'matting' the lower sills, just used the same matt black I'd used on the back and windscreen surround. 

IMG_20200529_152240_332.thumb.jpg.2f75fc2f3cde855fb0b6e8f8499a1039.jpgIMG_20200529_152240_334.thumb.jpg.524cdc141835469ecd0fce58565faadf.jpgIMG_20200530_180534_806.thumb.jpg.f57daf0d3c5046af66b6512108952e2f.jpg

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Today I join the OD and the GB and pray that the oil leak is a thing of history.

Then onto the heater unit - new fan and controller.

can't wait to get it on the road

Roger

I have my fingers crossed for you Roger 

Today I changed oil.

engine has a new percolated filter and valvoline VR1 mineral 20/50

the gearbox and OD. Has new dynolite gear 40 oil, takes a while to fill whist it flows into the OD.

the back axle has new dynolite 85w-140 hypoid LSD oil (this is only 200 mile old but it’s Changed after a bit of running in a new CW&P and plate LSD).

needed a hot shower after a day under the car!!

• 6 months later...

Looking at this thread has nobody touched their car since June !

I must admit that i haven't.....

I have a friends CB750F motorbike engine in bits awaiting a couple of parts in the workshop, then I'll be dismantling and rebuilding my CB550 motor with bigger pistons for 600ccs of power !

For the TR6 i'm just lining up for a coolant change and service, when the temp is above 10C that is !

Steve

10 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

For the TR6 i'm just lining up for a coolant change and service, when the temp is above 10C that is !

Steve

That will be summer then!

Finally got around to making myself a PI calibration kit. Air supply via blue hose from my compressor, flow controlled by needle valve, into tiny venturi vacuum generator. Two vacuum gauges (couldn’t get the low range precision and full range in one gauge). Black hose goes to MU vacuum port. Calibration measurements done by feeler gauge. I’ve now set up my shiny new CP cam. Such fun!

image.jpg

And with the AFR gauge, I can see the results on the road. The data logger lets me analyse the results later as well.

image.thumb.jpg.bd6490f29355c59709c2448ea2892e26.jpg

Edited by JohnC
Added photo & descriprion

Pair of Limora CV jointed half shafts going in. Just waiting for new T/A studs that are being manufactured longer. 
Having measured the hub flanges on the originals and the new ones they are the same within a few thou’ but with the back plate and the hub in position the standard nylock nuts are not in safety (I used Loctite 243 last time).... and yes I have tried new studs! So the new ones are the same length going into the T/A, 0.375 plain section for the backplate and hub (will allow for the clamp up) and 0.875 for the washer and nut.