So what happening in your garage this weekend?

12 hours ago, Waldi said:

Great achievement Mark!

Cheers,

Waldi

edit: and a nice blog, I like your gearbox cover solution.

12 hours ago, Waldi said:

Great achievement Mark!

Cheers,

Waldi

edit: and a nice blog, I like your gearbox cover solution.

Thanks Waldi. I stole the idea from Ed on here. I’m sure I didn’t execute it as well as he did. But it seems to have done the job. 

And I have you to thank for the colour choice: I sent signal red having seen photos of your car. 

All the best

Mark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Fitted the vinyl pull door cappings from TR Shop all good realy like the look. I used industrial double sided tape which was easy peasy, its that strong neigh on impossible to pull off

IMG-4347.jpg

This stuff is the best I have used it for a lot of things once its stuck its stuck

IMG_4348.jpg

Looking good and nice tip about the double sided tape. 

Were they missing from your doors?

Gareth

Yes not fitted when restored, and I got fed up of using the door pocket to pull the door shut.

They just stick on. I did contemplate using contact adhesive but I have used this tape for numerous projects. They are totally solid and very easy to do. You prise the top of the door card away so the thin vinyl tucks behind it. The other side tucks down the window channel. They also act as a armrest while driving.

Put the passenger side on this morning, I really think they finish it off well

IMG-4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Paul

Edited by Paul Hill

Yes, they look great.

seats look good too, are they mx5 or something else.

think i need more comfortable seats in mine

steve

Yes Steve Mk 1 MX5s. Going to have them refurbished over the winter, they will like new then

17 minutes ago, Paul Hill said:

Yes Steve Mk 1 MX5s. Going to have them refurbished over the winter, they will like new then

Got anymore pictures of those seats? They don’t look like Mk1s.... more like Mk3! 

If you need a retrim, give me shout, that’s what I do part time. If I’m not close (King’s Lynn) then I know quite a few people across the country that do upholstery 

Edited by Nickffc
13 minutes ago, Nickffc said:

Got anymore pictures of those seats? They don’t look like Mk1s.... more like Mk3! 

If you need a retrim, give me shout, that’s what I do part time. If I’m not close (King’s Lynn) then I know quite a few people across the country that do upholstery 

Hi Nick you are right, MK 3. They came out of a MK1 so they must have been upgraded at some point. Where I live, it’s the capital for getting things done it the car restoration trade, the guy who did my Midget seats is a couple of miles away, you may have seen him on TV Wheeler Dealers, Car SOS and just lately Drew Ptrichard 

Edited by Paul Hill

I had the radiator out of my TR6 recently and on Sat am i took it for a short drive to the post office. It seemed to be running a bit hotter than normal but I attributed that to the fact that I had not yet installed the radiator shroud. 

I put the shroud back in place and went for a longer drive to the supermarket. Still running a bit warmer than normal until I was stopped at a long traffic light and i watched the temp climb way into the hot region on the gauge. It was about that time when the instant replay kicked in and I questioned whether I had reconnected the electric  fan switch...

I let it cool down while I picked up some groceries and sure enough, i found the short loom for the fan switch tucked in behind the main loom on the inner wing.

A bit awkward to reconnect it to the terminals on the fan switch but did it by feel. Switched on the ignition, engine still hot, fan came on. Glad it was not a really hot day.

Stan

Put all the motorbikes and the other stuff out to my neighbores for our villages' " garten and art"-event.

The TR has also to stay out tomorrow - for the big boys in front of the garage, while their wifes promenade in the garden.

We will have some fun...

Edited by Z320

I tidied the workshop ready for arrival of ‘new’ Ducati later in the week :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Yearly service in prep for 10 countries rally in September 

tim

About to swap head for a 9.5:1, fit new saloon cam. and fabricate the water injection and back suction control on the SU. Ready in time for Stratford on Avon. Would have fitted a standard rack at same time, but seems there's a waiting list for them.  Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Adjusted the clutch hoping that will fix the crunch into gear.

Made 3  off morse taper no 2 plain adaptors for centre drills from old TR front stub axles.  Nice metal to machine.

Finished the liner puller using the front suspension compressor as the basic puller.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

An eighteen month mission and the eagle has landed!

Tub went straight on without any issues so I thought I'd push her out for a wash and polish.

Next up is bolting all the panels and doors on and getting the gaps right.

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That telltale from the gear selector rods is a regular culprit. Let the gearbox man know. 

Those 4a diffs look a doddle. No weight lifting a full axle. 

Great progress Mike.