So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

snap....!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2151.thumb.jpg.156a7ccfd1e7e6334e7d5d87fca9d0d0.jpg

Not IN the garage as the weather's a bit better over here for a weekend drive...

IMG_8424.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

One day I'll get the hang of this photo uploading malarkey...

I thought i’d take off the rocker cover to set valves and clear up the slight oil leak, and confirm earlier end-float readings with dti.

that went fine but i broke the banjo fitting on the rocker feed......

if it aint broke, mess with it and it soon will be !

steve

A weekend of trimming fun, I wouldn't have believed anyone who told me that changing the interior would take this long. I'm fitting a pair of MX5 seats, I bought them from Carl Fitchett along with his mounting brackets, the passenger side went in easily, I had to modify one of the brackets on the drivers side though as there wasn't enough adjustment available. Whilst I have the door cards off I fitted a pair of door mirrors, I was dreading this as it meant cutting two large holes in the door skins, I used a stepped hole cutter and took my time, easy enough in the end. Hopefully one more weekend should see the job done, just in time for my spare cyl head to come back from Peter Burgess, guess what my next job is!

mirror.jpg

DriversMirror.jpg

Seats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that the biggest improvements I have made to my TR6 from a comfort point of view has been to fit MX5 seats and new inertia reel seat belts. I got a cheap set of cloth MX5 seats with separate headrests just to see how I liked them. I also used Carls seat brackets.  Getting them retrimmed in leather is on the to do list.

I have just refitted the wheels on the car. I had them powder coated - checked for runout and roundness before and after the process and they were and have remained perfectly straight and round. I fitted a set of Avon ZV7 195 65 r15 V. They are a vast improvement on the 11 year old Goodyear's that were fitted. I did drive the car with the back tyres accidentally over inflated to around 38psi and it felt like something serious had broken on the suspension. 25 psi front and 28 psi rear seems good so far.

Next on the list is to reinstate the scuttle vent flap to replace the incorrectly fitted plastic grill. I have the flap just need to paint it the right colour.

Chris

Warmed up the workshop today and did some electrical work

constructed the loom with relays for the heating elements i’ve installed in the TR’s seats

also experimented with ‘modifying’ a cheap 4 way remote control which might facilitate steering wheel control buttons for Overdrive etc.....

3CDD184E-8BF8-4661-9571-BAC31DF30593.jpeg

B3EDDBD0-AB7E-45DA-BA76-B08837436837.jpeg

Flushed the cooling system today, and took the opportunity for a short (300m) drive to test the gearbox and OD.

Waldi

I was going to take the TR to Stoneleigh today, fortunately I took it for a local run yesterday and was rewarded with more clunking than usual from the rear. I took the car home and lifted the rear, some UJ bearing caps on both driveshafts were spinning easily by hand, by luck I'd picked up some spare driveshafts this week that have been reconditioned not so many miles ago, I got back from Stoneleigh and swapped both shafts out this afternoon. No idea if this has solved my issue yet as I decided to paint the drums, I then set about cleaning all the filth off the wire wheel hubs, messy but rewarding.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:22 PM, SeanF said:

I want to know what's in the air conditioned shed :o?

Thats my new workshop, its lovely!

the heat pump air-conditioning is great for heating in the winter, and cooling in the summer if we get another one!

inside are motorbikes in various states of repair/rebuild , and sometimes bits of TR too!

81D1DBEF-B415-4485-8EFB-F43AA63AD127.jpeg

Edited by Steves_TR6
  • 2 weeks later...

New Moto Lita Steering wheel fitted today

IMG_3926.thumb.jpg.78047b2459d78893c8e0f97a55f1f224.jpg

6 hours ago, Mark69 said:

IMG_20190222_193252.thumb.jpg.1e063d1dab3c737b597e6d5544be221c.jpgslowly going back together, struggling with repo parts not fitting well and parts not performing as they should. 

What injection system is that?