So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

busy sunday afternoon....!

post-12944-0-15353100-1497208429_thumb.jpeg

post-12944-0-94166900-1497208441_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Nickffc

The trinagle bit at the back of the front wheel tubs where toast, i've got the LHS one from steve and hoepfully he's making the RHS soon... to make it eaiser i thought it would be a better and easier job just to POP off the front....!

both front footwells had been repaired very badly.. so i ripped those out and replaced both sides.

so far i have replaced

inner sills, both sides

outer sills, both sides

both floor pans

rear shelf

heelboard

front footwells, both sides

rear backsides of the B posts

lots of small fabricated bits for rear wheel tubs, inner B posts, seatbeakt mounts and repaied the rear of the prop tunnle

things to do

fabricate the rusty front inner wing flanges that attach to the fire wall

replace the rear body to chassie mounts

weld in the rear floor hump

cut out and replace the t-shirt on the chassis.

box in the diff mounts

strenghen the front suspension mounts to rack mount

then next week i'll be......!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Weekend started early, lunchtime today I started spot welding the panel between wheel arch and bulkhead into place, I had the intention of replacing the passenger side but decided to repair the damage instead. Pleased with the results.

Tomorrow and sunday front valance☺.

Edited by Mark69

This weekend i have been mostly building a powder coating oven and negitive pressure powder coating spary booth.... must stop procrastinating and get on with the car....!

post-12944-0-24964700-1504958341_thumb.jpg

i have no idea why the picture is upsidedown...!

You've done a cracking job there Mark keep up the good work can't wait to see the finished car.

All the best

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

If it's half as nice as yours I'll be very pleased. The gauntlet as been thrown down with a fellow formite both cars to attend IWE next year finished.

Did my annual pilgrimage to the Goodwood revival.

Brilliant trip except for the rain and the mud (why did I polish the car before I went).

Also had the coil die on the way down.. Wonders of wonders I had a spare in the boot, so 10 minutes on the side of the road and we were off again!!

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

last weekend i started building a powder coating setup.... its now finished and did a little test part... blue peter badge if you can guess what the part is...!

Edited by Nickffc

Engine lifting eye.

nope.... much smaller :)