So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

A few White Rose members getting together to do a chassis swop over for one of our members (freind) he's really pee'd off his lovely TR6 failed its mot on a very surprising rotten chassis so its as many hands as possible to make a start,we're mainly sidescreen owners/repaires so it will be a lot of head scratching i imagine, lots of spanners jacks wood straps and a tractor to do the donkey work and a new box a tea bags are all at the ready.

It's this club and the regional groups wonderful.

This is what it's all about.

Well done

H

(Red Rose)

Well after a day and a half of back breaking welding,grinding and drilling the diff panel is finally in place,Steves panels are a credit to him.

Dropped into place with ease perfect fit.post-12353-0-99527200-1493560119_thumb.jpgpost-12353-0-13827600-1493560048_thumb.jpg

post-12353-0-23047800-1493560220_thumb.jpg

Even managed to add a new body tag, and found out the hard way why you should wear welding gauntlets.

PS keep up the good work Sean looking good.

Well after a day and a half of back breaking welding,grinding and drilling the diff panel is finally in place,Steves panels are a credit to him.

Dropped into place with ease perfect fit.attachicon.gifIMG_20170430_143501.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170430_143425.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170430_143448.jpg

Even managed to add a new body tag, and found out the hard way why you should wear welding gauntlets.

PS keep up the good work Sean looking good.

What no Z?

Stuart.

Great job Mark. Looking very good. Nice pic of your LED light....I have the same one!

My car doesn't have a body in white tag. Should I add one? Would I need to get a heritage certificate to get the original number?

Cheers Sean,

Im a bit miffed I forgot to use the weld through primer but very pleased with the outcome. I have drowned all the joints with bondaprimer and plan to seamseal them soon.

I not sure these numbers are listed on the heritage certificate, may be wrong but I thought these were added by the body builders.

The light was a bonus today it doesn't affect my welding mask like a normal bulb

Mark

Busy, busy, busy!! Put the new back end on the chassis and tack welded it all together. Then popped it off and spent half a day spot welding. Now have a new diff floor attached to boot floor & sides, rear inner valance, rear inner valance rienforcement panel, heel board, rear trans tunnel and 1 diff floor mounting bracket.

Removed bad upper ball joints. Couldn't fit new ones as next day delivery did not arrive next day. Grrrrr! Refitted gauges and tidied up some of the engine bay.

Hopefully MOT next week.

Tim

Fired up the 6 for the first time since Lincoln. Pleasantly surprised the clutch plate had not welded itself to the flywheel. Adjusted the points and reset static spark to 16BTDC...and it ticked over fine at 700rpm. On old fuel. Nothing like a blower for delivering smoooothe combustion.

Peter

Last weekend.. Got the Supercharger working so that the car was driveable.... and then drove the car (first time for 18 months)... Nice to have it back!

This weekend.. Lots of bitty jobs, fix the alternator, fit trim and door cards, fix the speedo cable, headlight trim and paint the inside of the grill black.

Getting there!

Cheers

Tim

MoT today for the 6. No brake lights....aaagh. Connected the wires together - OK, so not wiring in loom, must be the switch. Thumped it with spanner. It works. Passed.

But it will fail again, so ordered a German one off ebay, as it has a nice metal casing and two brass nuts.

Peter

Got gearbox back in today ready for run tomorrow all is working fine good result for tr bitz and Craig and John worsley for all the hard work in getting the overdrive sorted out thanks Billy ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well done Peter, looks like spanners work just as well as hammers.

Glad to see the jigsaw coming together nicely Steve.

Let's hope third time lucky, it was hard enough getting the box in with out the body on .

My turn today, not sure what I'm doing but it will be something.

Well done Guys.

Mark

Finishing off bits a bobs.. including sorting the accelerator cam for the carb on the supercharger.

Trouble is that the weather is sooo nice I just might go for a drive!

Cheers

Tim

Finished rebuilding the 175 strombergs using very nice rebuild kit from Burlen ltd..Very comprehensive kit with everything you need in it.The fixed jets were a pain to get out and the new ones in. Also powder coated the carbs so look nice and blingy.

So the rebuild is steadily progressing.Will update the blog this week.

Richard.

post-13961-0-65724600-1494757399_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard Young

Finished rebuilding the 175 strombergs using very nice rebuild kit from Burlen ltd..Very comprehensive kit with everything you need in it.The fixed jets were a pain to get out and the new ones in. Also powder coated the carbs so look nice and blingy.

So the rebuild is steadily progressing.Will update the blog this week.

Richard.

Pics pls Richard, sound interesting.

• 4 weeks later...