So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Spent the afternoon prepping panels. Cut holes in new diff floor pan, and prepared inner wings ready to fit new front valance.

Temporarily fitted front valance and put wings on, is it normal to have such a large gap between wing and valance, I take it that this gap will be hidden behind the headlights.

Markpost-12353-0-19832500-1491155491_thumb.jpgpost-12353-0-63342500-1491155362_thumb.jpgpost-12353-0-48276200-1491155229_thumb.jpg

Both wings are not original to car , is it normal to modify wings to fit?

Edited by Mark69

Fitted the interior to the TR6, almost finished (after 18 months of a respray).

Managed to drive the car out of the garage under its own power and give it a quick whizz around the car park.

Felt th boost from the supercharger for the first time, should be a fun summer!

Cheers

Tim

Spent the afternoon prepping panels. Cut holes in new diff floor pan, and prepared inner wings ready to fit new front valance.

Temporarily fitted front valance and put wings on, is it normal to have such a large gap between wing and valance, I take it that this gap will be hidden behind the headlights.

Markattachicon.gifIMG_20170402_173608.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170402_173621.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170402_173722.jpg

Both wings are not original to car , is it normal to modify wings to fit?

They do usually have a fair gap there, its another reason they rotted the front of the wings!

Stuart.

I washed the underside of the car!

Few years ago, the engine grenaded at Donington, massive oil slick, and I was too downhearted to wash it then.

When I started to use it again, all the oil had dripped off, but the film (Plus Triumph's patent Anti-Corrosion Oil Leak Treatment) collected dirt ever since.

Spray with detergent, leave and use the power washer. Got soaked through, lying in the puddles to reach under the car, even with it up on stands.

I had forgotten that the chassis is painted pale blue!

At least if I overturn it'll look smart!

John

Thanks Stuart,

The gaps seemed larger than I remember with the original valance, but came upon some old photos before they were removed.

Gaps are pretty much the same and Sean F sent pics of his not much different.

One thing I will have to address ,the drivers side headlamp section sits on the top of the valance tight. I would imagine this will flex and damage paint and then start corroding.

Mark.

Mine has similar gaps.. Also thought they were a tad large but it seems everything on the outside lines up fine!

Cheers

Tim

I shall be fitting a hard top to the 6 in preparation for moving it down South. Reading up on the process at the moment

Jon

Polished and lacquered the bonnet safety hook

Turned up a brass and a stainless tubular clevis pin to retain it

Trial reassembly of prop rod assy now all painted.

The challenge was finding anti rattle washers for the prop to bracket connection - Austin handbrake clevis anti rattle washers did it. They are 5/16 hole squeezed between two 1/4 washers.

Peter W

This is what I love about this Forum.

I am idling time away over lunch and randomly look at this topic. Peter just happens to describe a solution to the rattling from the prop to bracket connection on my 3A that has defeated me for a couple of years.

Never heard of anti rattle washers but will be tracking a couple down soon.

Thanks Peter!

This week my wife was away and so I have:

- replaced my leaking rad and pipes, painted up the various stays so they look nice

- removed, repainted and re-fitted the rad shield, anti roll bar and new fitting kit

- fitted a set of Stainless bumpers from the TR shop

- fitted a set of under wing shields

- restored the rim of my steering wheel which had become entirely pale brown, mixed results

- cleaned and re-waxoyled about half my chassis

- replaced my headlamp bowls and chrome rings as they had become corroded

- oil change

Lot of anti freeze on my drive, I hope she doesnt notice !

I must drive it soon !

Snowric, re your underwing protectors do you still leave in the baffle plates, as iam starting to fit up my shell ,my last one was 9 years ago so a bit foggy .

Nickattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes you should still install them and make sure you have the extended plenum drains too.Also if you can make up a drain for the rear of the drip rail on the front wing too.

Stuart.

Flying back from a work trip to South Africa.. the added bonus of the trip has been the number of MkI VW golfs driving around..

They obviously last better here than in europe and still seem to be loved by the young here.

Now next weekend I am hoping will be a TR6-fest.. refitting the cylinder head (With a new torque wrench) and the supercharging and praying that this solves my waterleak and elevated idle speed.. if it does, MOT here we come!!

Tim

This is what I love about this Forum.

I am idling time away over lunch and randomly look at this topic. Peter just happens to describe a solution to the rattling from the prop to bracket connection on my 3A that has defeated me for a couple of years.

Never heard of anti rattle washers but will be tracking a couple down soon.

Thanks Peter!

Miles, you have a PM

What you are seeking is AWZ104, I have AWZ105

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?search_group=&q=awz10

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Converted my US spec indicators to UK side/indicator lights. I used a scrap pair of GT6 side/indicator units from which I cut out the lamp holders and some 60mm wide aluminium strip to mount everything on. The aluminium was easy to cut and bend as required and I pop riveted it to the original mounting holes in the lamp frame. I already had a pair of lenses.

After my success with the lights I decided to have a look at balancing the throttle bodies. This turned out to be quite a faff even with rose jointed throttle adjusters. Doing up the lock nuts without changing the settings was most challenging part especially as everything was getting a bit hot. As others have said it has made a huge difference to driving the car. It now pulls smoothly from tick over , something it would never do before.

Chris

Edited by TRsixchris

Stuart many thanks,any chance of a pic from the bonnet drip.

Nick

Will dig you one out tomorrow Nick, dont have one on this PC at home.

Stuart.

Lot of anti freeze on my drive, I hope she doesnt notice !

I hope it's all cleared up.

Unfortunately animals especially cats love the taste but the smallest amounts are fatal.

Get it rinsed away and cleaned up.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/cats/health/poisoning/antifreeze

Last thing you want is for the neighbours to come knocking.

Stuart many thanks,any chance of a pic from the bonnet drip.

Nick

Here you go Nick

Stuart.