So what happening in your garage this weekend?

this weekend i did this.....!!!...pretty on the outside.... to a bit dogey on the inside... the start of the restoration....

Edited by Nickffc
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Finally got my bodytub out in the open to see how daylight shows it.
Its finally getting there.
Len

sorry i dont know how to turn picture

post-9050-0-83234400-1476609678_thumb.jpg

Edited by len1

Steve T very kindly agreed to make me a pair of his front filler pieces. Very good price and I'm very happy with them. Saved a lot of cutting and welding. I fitted the driver's side a couple of weeks ago while I was doing the front inner wing. Worked a treat. Thanks Steve!

Great work Sean, looks like you've mastered the welding!

Hi Sean.

I done the paintwork myself. I built a garage size shed in my garden and done it in there.A friend of mine was going to do the paint but after all the prep work I had done I thought what the hell ...give it a go .I Am really happy with it.

Len

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm setting up pinion and crownwheel preloads/backlash...Found that my new bearings varied in thickness to the old ones,only by max couple of thou but it results in having to take new measurements to establish shim sizes Can't just throw the old shims in and bolt up...nearly done though, so happy.

Edited by Richard Young

.....still going....!

post-12944-0-17755200-1488119708_thumb.jpg

Roll bar fitted this weekend. Hopefully getting close to ready for sprints and hillclimbs

post-14544-0-63096200-1488121043_thumb.jpg

Don't your arms and neck ache working on it up there ?

:D :D :D :D .... only just noticed the upsidedown picture..... :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

The joys of working shifts....I don't have to wait for a weekend B) So today looking at the colour and state of the coolant I decided to flush it again this time taking out the block drain...and nothing! not a dribble...not even damp! So in went the wire coat hanger...still nought! On went the mains, result, a black, best described as a worm wriggled and oozed its way out, each time I put my hand over the rad filler (did that to control the pressure!). then left it flushing for 20 mins. Put it all back together and went for a thrash down the m4 and around Windsor.

Next job is an indicator buzzer the type that's adjustable, and a DIY loom and relays for the headlights and fuel pump!

Finally got around to fitting the supercharger kit.. Looks absolutely fab, hopefully it will work well.. Unfortunately couldn't finish as my gasket set didn't have one for the water pump and I discovered that I need longer pushrods for the new head (doh!)

Roll on next weekend when I might hear that supercharger "whine" for the first time!

Tim

Finally got around to fitting the supercharger kit.. Looks absolutely fab, hopefully it will work well.. Unfortunately couldn't finish as my gasket set didn't have one for the water pump and I discovered that I need longer pushrods for the new head (doh!)

Roll on next weekend when I might hear that supercharger "whine" for the first time!

Tim

We will need a video of that !

Don't worry, if she fires at the weekend without any untoward noises i'll film it!

Will also write it up on my blog.

Tim

Repaired the snapped bakelite brush plate of an exchanged TR2-3 Smiths heater motor with K-Poxy 2 pack glue,

Fitted new rear bearing in motor housing, skimmed commutator.

Set armature end float & reassembled.

Tests OK

Next task is to blast and repaint the steel cover then I will have a spare for exchange again....

Peter W

Just put the boot lock back together, new barrel and key from a full set ,so matching keys all round. Main lock body replated

Would liked to have had the push button re chromed but at £60 it can wait .

Better things to spend money on.

Edited by Mark69

Got my TR6 running on the Moss supercharger.

https://youtu.be/yRdHG-mUubs

Cheers

Tim