So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Mixing a little petrol with old sump oil to light a massive bonfire at bottom of meadow.

Very efficient, it went up like a bomb, and no,I was not in the Boy Scouts.

Dried out the mats/carpets after getting caught in torrential downpour/hail storm in the week.

Now about to head out for a bimble around the m25 for a 'Spanish themed' supper at friends.

whilst awaiting my Pressure plate to arrive at Bitz I have been preparing the gearbox for painting.

Most of the American owners have them polished, but a chap called Chip Foose has just renovated a Pantera and Painted the box.

Far cheaper and I think it looks factory, my painter said it had to be clean so thats what I have been doing since dinnertime yesterday,

I hope its clean enough for him. By the way the U/J's on my box are OK, can anyone remember Torrington U/J's or where there are now?

The gearbox is the same box that the Ford GT40's used at Le Mans, hopefully bulletproof.

P1040794_zpssp9ozegd.jpg

P1040792_zpswzwwjfn3.jpg

Today was spent blocking some of the holes in garage roof......

Can now leave the roof down indoors!!

I don't think the Pantera ever utilised the old Colotti 'box that gave so much problem with the early GT40s . . . . . ?

The later boxes weren't a problem, or at least not when I was involved with pukka GT40s, which was about the time Pete's Pantera was built . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Trying to sort out a light throttle hiccup. Thought I also had an (new!) injector failure too that turned out to be the NRV Union on the MU stuck. That appears ok now, but back to balancing the throttle bodies!

Think I'll go terrorise the neighbourhood first to get it warmed up!

Installed the TRW uprated anti roll bar links. I'd like to say there's a massive difference but won't cos there aint. :ph34r:

...and as i've just replaced the TRE's and greased and oiled the suspension then I can congratulate myself in the knowledge that I won't have to go under the car for at least the next two weeks! :D

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

She's almost got her sexy ar*e back!

The first picture was taken in Jan 2014 and the second taken today. The outer valance is just placed for the moment and not welded in yet. I'm still fitting the NS inner wing but starting to think I'm nearly there on the back of the car.

post-12473-0-63933200-1463350690_thumb.jpg

post-12473-0-88368700-1463350726_thumb.jpg

Refitting the metering unit in my 6 and tightening the steering column brackets on the Spitfire to eliminate vertical play, hopefully then a bit more sun for run. :D

charles

Faking front arb mountings from new parts that didn't fit. Hopefully all done tomorrow, ready for Oulton VSCC Saturday..

Peter

Finishing off the refurb of my heater.. Included new motor from a US school bus, hopefully it will make it quieter and increase the blow!

Fitting hidden anti theft imobilisor switch given Phil's terrible week, this seems like a warning shot !

I was thinking of breaking into the wire prior to the Inertia switch, is this a good location and if so what amp age rating switch do i need ? will 16 amp do as i have one spare.

Forum thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Edited by Andy1966