So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Think you're way ahead of me Andrew. Might be worth contacting Envirostrip as if you can deliver its £900+VAT for the full car.\

Wish we had something like Envirostrip here Steve...bit far away for a drop off and collect :) (Im in Perth, Australia)

I'm really pleased how well the donor cars front end came together with my back end. Both are '69 cars but you just never know.. Using the chassis as the jig made it easier than it would have been on the rotisserie. It took a looonnnggg time fitting, taking off, refitting, checking (repeat x 10) to get the panels to fit right before I welded the A post and floor in position. It should mean though that once everything is painted, a little bit of jigging and the panels should fit well without too much hassle.

Edited by AndrewP
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Thickness of the bonnet wedge at the top.

Which one as there are two thickness types? ;):o:lol:

Stuart.

Similar to you Steve although a little bit ahead..

Getting ready to send the tub off for media blasting. Have to remove all the horrid old underseal so butane torch, scraper and thinners are the tools of the day.

What a horrid mess it makes!

IMG_20160404_173531.jpg

Leave ALL the underseal and other crud alone, take it to an oven company, like Ribble technology in Preston.

Their system removes everything without damaging any metalwork whatever, Computer controlled oven turns all thats on the shell to gas.

The results are grand, knuckle saving also. I have used them several times but there are other outlets that do the same kind of work.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

Well, finally got the gaps to a reasonable size. Borrowed some wedges off the 69 car, refitted the inner arch, trimmed and fettled the inner wing and self tappered it all together. With a bit of 'adjustment' to the new inner wing I got the gap down to about 5mm. Took it all apart and spot welded it all together. Around 60 spot welds later and my arms are like jelly!!!! Spot welders are soooo heavy!!

post-13917-0-38437800-1460314480_thumb.jpeg

Fitted my Revington under wing protectors and riveted the wing and door trim clips in place.

The Paintshop was worried I would damage the paintwork doing this so lent me their air riveter, what a terrific tool - made really light work of it, and as there is no kick, no damage

Cheers

Nigel

Unfortunately the new clips to hold the wing and door stainless trim were very slightly smaller than the original

Did not want to drill them out in case I marked the paintwork

After a lot of head scratching I squeezed the trims very slightly all along their length in a well padded vice and they fitted perfectly

Nigel

Nothing going on in my garage either, spent the weekend at the Metropole Hotel in Llandridod Wells celebrating my fathers 80th birthday.

While there the McLaren and Aston Martin car club were using the Hotel for there base, some very nice car's in the hotel's car park.