So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Had no floor/sill brackets on this side so I checked the other side, and guess what....none on that side either!

I know another TR6 that is the same, I suspect some so called restorers years ago didnt have parts books!!

Stuart.

After having the engine out for paint, the cafe racer lives!

https://www.facebook.com/steve.derbyshire.1098/posts/10154033269082009

Just a weird oil leak to fix and can get back on the road, as Historic from April 1 :-)

Steve

Hello Steve.

Phoenix large bore. Not my first choice of manifold but took advantage of a discount offer earlier this month. I also wanted to maintain the original PI linkages and my original starter motor that I'd refurbished a couple of years back.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Just finished removing MU, PRV and injectors etc. all boxed up and ready to send off to Neil Ferguson. Dizzy off and ready to send to Malcolm Jay.

Feel that progress has taken a big leap!

Thanks to all who have advised/helped!

Cheers

Nothing at all since I am still in Alice Springs (in the middle of Australia) and my TR is hopefully enjoying the de-humidifier while I am sitting in 43C oven type breezes, came across this old Dodge resto project, nah, don't think so either :(

post-12736-0-33591700-1456710104_thumb.jpg

Wait until it gets hot!

I remember driving north from Alice in an old FJ40 land cruiser, no aircon, and there were feet vents near your ankles to let airflow in. I had to keep them shut as the heat of the air off the bitumen road was burning my right ankle!

But that's nothing compared to the front of a small cessna waiting for a clearance on a November day in Darwin. But that's not a story for hear :)

Seriously though, enjoy your time in the Centre. Are you heading down to the Rock and Kings Canyon?

This weekend I was mostly cursing poor quality parts. (again!)

Helping a mate with a Frogeye.

Replaced the mechanical (failed) fuel pump with an electric one about 6 weeks ago (not the cheapest available I might add) Car has been run several times since fitting with no problems.

After finishing up some suspension work went to start the car to move only to find pump no longer wants to do what it's name suggests and cannot any longer lift any fuel.

Faffed around for an hour and ended up abandoning the days planned work.

Steve

Wait until it gets hot!

I remember driving north from Alice in an old FJ40 land cruiser, no aircon, and there were feet vents near your ankles to let airflow in. I had to keep them shut as the heat of the air off the bitumen road was burning my right ankle!

But that's nothing compared to the front of a small cessna waiting for a clearance on a November day in Darwin. But that's not a story for hear :)

Seriously though, enjoy your time in the Centre. Are you heading down to the Rock and Kings Canyon?

Yes we actually just drove back from Uluru (a rock previously known as Ayres Rock) in a flat bed Toyota Ute across the desert great road trip and have put a few thousand miles on the clock since we've been here. Took a helicopter ride over the area, awesome. Unless you have experienced the heat you wouldn't believe it one day it was 48c and I had to take my metal glasses off my face or burn my nose! I can imagine that trip of yours and the air vent heat, fortunately we had AC. Just wish I had the TR here, only seen a red Stag and an MGB since I came away in December and those were in Wagga Wagga.

post-12736-0-22215400-1456819744_thumb.jpg

Edited by cotswold
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, chopped off the front end today....A post forwards, as it was 23mm out from centre. When I panelled it up to gap check I couldn't get the o/s anywhere near right and on closer inspection I found accident damage on the n/s front. Just one of the joys of a 44 year old car I guess :-)

Fitted new Bosch-style fuel pump, with great success.

After an 18/12 lay-up while I built a new engine, I took the car (Vitesse, 2L, Pi) out and was disappointed. The fuel pressure was low, got lower on acceleration, which was poor, and 70mph was unattainable. After diddling with everything else, I bought and fitted a new pump, and now I'm very happy that my new engine will do all that I expected of it.

I presume that during the lay-up, ethanol absorbed water in the fuel, allowed corrosion in the pump, and restricted the movement of some/all of the ball bearings. My conclusion is to add the use of a fuel stabliser to the list of things that are needed for a winter lay-up.

Any thoughts on a good stabiliser? Seem to be popular already among boat owners.

John