So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Started to fit the two halves back together around the new floors and sills to check the panel fit. I'm very pleased so far. Nothing welded yet as still lots of inner panel rust to replace before final welding. I must admit that over the past year and more when messing about with one bit or another on the back half or re-skinning doors, I did doubt if it would ever fit back together but seeing it like this gives the impetus to keep going.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Last blast round the Cheshire countryside this afternoon to watch the Vulcan fly past, fantastic! Tucked the 6 up for winter, in the garage

sorry Manfred

Blimey a bit early for winter or do you know something weather wise you want to share?

Cheers

Mike.

Fixing silly mistake I've lived with this summer. Last time I had the gearbox cover of, by mistake I connected overdrive switch for second gear to reverse light and reverse switch to OD. Didn't notice it until a friend told me reverse light was on while driving forward. Could have caused serious problems trying to reverse with OD engaged!

A lot of work to correct :( .

IMG_1546.jpg

I decided to take the grill of my 6, and clean it up ready for a reprint as existing black paint was flaking.

Cleaning went well, it's black paint on chrome trim in places?!, was having so much fun I finished the job and refitted all in one sunny day :-)

post-9473-0-23175600-1444577282_thumb.jpeg

Thanks Steve. Inching closer to being able to fit the front bumper you gave me! Grille looking good.

I'd forgotten about that !

The weekend started early.

Finished work mid afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon plug welding new inner rear wings and inner rear valence.

I doubt I will be up to much else this weekend ,my lad has a cup game tomorrow and its the wife's birthday Sunday.

I'm unable to drive at the moment due to nasty back injury...so had to find people to take it out for a drive to keep it running, it passed it's MOT again on Monday...only done 100 odd miles since last years test! Keeps it young and alive tho! Doubt I'll get to drive it for a few more months yet, only winter months, so it'll have to go into hibernation.

I'm unable to drive at the moment due to nasty back injury...so had to find people to take it out for a drive to keep it running, it passed it's MOT again on Monday...only done 100 odd miles since last years test! Keeps it young and alive tho! Doubt I'll get to drive it for a few more months yet, only winter months, so it'll have to go into hibernation.

In the same boat Denis :o but needs must as two cars to get ready for a wedding soon :o:o :o :wub:

two cars to get ready for a wedding soon :o:o :o :wub:

Don't do it Neil, resist at all costs, marriage is over rated :rolleyes::D:D:D:D

• 2 months later...

Hello people.

Stiffened up the front Koni's yesterday half a click, applied the final stone chip coat to the front wheel arches, dropped the gearbox oil and replaced with gb40. All ok but.... when engaging a type od the revs rise before falling. It doesn't seem to happen when moderate throttle is applied. Seems to provoke if the revs are high-ish when trying to engage. Is this something I should be worried about? OD filter was clear with only slight swarf on magnets.

Oh yeah, driving top down with only a jumper on ... in dec!! ... then the monsoon started... omg... got caught in a sharp rain squall.

Cheers

Dave

Put the Soft Top up for the first time this year, ready for it's winter hibernation...had to use the wifes hair dryer (whilst she was out) to warm the vinyl up so the poppers reached! I usually do take it out on dry winter days but I'm still recovering from a broken back, so lack the strength to steer it at the moment! Doh! Might have to refit it's original 15 inch steering wheel!

Nice sunny day yesterday, managed my first (short) drive in the old girl since the summer (before my accident) Can't recall when I last drove it with the Soft Top up...Oh my don't they make a lot a funny noises with the top up!!!! lol!

Today the 4A block went off for a quick skim (I really shouldn't read what Mick Richards posts :o ) That should ensure that the liners can be fitted correctly.

The other bits of engine should be finished sometime next month (or possibly the month after) so much for my 5 week rebuild.

The engine bay corrosion has now been sorted and the painting will begin tomorrow or may be the following day etc etc etc.

Roger

My own Riley is not roadworthy, so it was some hours of work on one of my TR6s and on one of my Caterhams, + some Miles in (one of :lol: ) my TVRs.

Tidying the garage after replacing the rear deck in the TR.