So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Garage floor is more than 5 years old now so decided it needed a wash!

I have the rubber interlocking tiles and they cleaned up a TReat :-)

post-9473-0-34888400-1432565082_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Thanks Mike & Kevo yes happy as a pig in poop :D

Andrew ht leads are not original silicone I believe I bought them about 3 years ago off the net but I cant remember where!

But they were'nt very expensive sorry :(

Conrad glad you like the wheels

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by Dave I O W

Hi Folks,

I've at last finished off a couple of projects I have been tinkering with.

I mentioned earlier about the reversing lights. These are operated by a timer/delay circuit as I don't want to take the GB apart at present.

The problem as always is where do you stick the switch,

I ended up with riveting a thin plate underneath the steering wheel attached to the forward facing lip of the metal dash. Quite safe from knees and accidents and the switch, along with the hazard flasher switch ae hidden from view.

Today I installed my home brew OD logic box. very simple circuit but with all the functionality of the commercial item.

The switch again becomes a problem as I haven't a spare OD switch to butcher adapt.

So I taped a small momentary push switch to the original OD switch stalk - piggyback style.

Apart from look a bit of a lash up it works well.

The nice thing with my box is that I have only disturbed one wire (the white power to the coil) on the OD relay and is a simple matter to restore normal operation.

The existing switch is still in place in the 'on' position with the additional piggyback switch taking its place.

What next!!

Roger

Roger thanks for the cups, I have a long stalk momentary switch if you would like it.

Stuart.

Today started well, little job of changing the oil, filter and plugs for Tatton this weekend

First job a quick whiz round with the vacuum cleaner, then lifted the TR on a scissor jack to drain the oil...

all was going well until I tried to lower the car......it was stuck in the air; trying to work out what the problem was and after a while I noticed that the tops of the lifting arms were cutting into the bed that the car sits on

and had got to a stage where it was cutting a groove into the metal on both sides and the lift would not come down.

I noticed it should slide on plastic or nylon blocks which somehow had turned over and were not in contact with the lift platform. With the car sitting on top it was going to be a delicate job to correct this so with a length of 3x2 and a trolley jack and axle stands beneath (just in case) I took the weight off the diagonal off the scissor

like legs, removed the sur-clips, one inch bolts, removed the plastic blocks and turned them over, one side then

the other. my heart was in my mouth as the TR was 4 foot in the air on top of the lift

I would have thought that by looking at it, it has been like that since I received it and had just slid down metal to metal until it had cut the sheet. I suggest if you have one of these type lifts (strongman) you look underneath to check - preferably without the car on the lift

Cheers Gordon

I joined the TR Register

Where else would I be when I did the deed?

Built up a Maplin Intermittent Wiper kit, mounting the switch on a length of multi core cable to facilitate fit end under the dash, or in the rheostat hole?

post-9473-0-65690800-1433004083_thumb.jpg

Works great so fitted this afternoon, wiring all done at the wiper switch, except for an earth.

Really easy and rewarding job, now have three speeds of intermittent wipe in addition to the two ( slow and not quite so slow) standard speeds

Must be time for a glass of wine soon :-)

Steve

I put the 6 out on the drive and set to to make the garage a tidy place once again ????

Finally starting to get the new rear end panels in. Welded in the boot floor sides, lower rear valance and half way through welding in the boot floor. Feels like I'm finally starting to make progress.

Long weekend here

Tuned my 6 on Saturday with an airflow meter and doing an oil change on a mates 6 today

Graze

Improving the bolting up of the rear telescopic shock conversion. Got longer bolts right through the chassis mount and nylocks to belt and braces it.

Topped up gearbox, last year I asked a garage to top it up whilst the trunnions were being replaced.

Tried from underneath, but a PO looked like he had a go with it and rounded the edges, and very difficult to put a decent half inch socket on due to lack of space.

Simon From the Stoke group, sent a few photos of a hole that can be made in the tunnel, thanks.

So to the inside, loosen the H frame but could not see how you removed it, found a metal plate and thought someone else has already done it, removed the three screws but no sign of the plug. In comparing the photos from Simon worked out it a bit towards the engine. I could feel it with my hand, and made a pilot hole, slightly off so made a larger hole so a socket on an extension could be inserted. Put a half inch socket, incidentally from my first socket set of 40 yrs ago which had a deeper grip then all my newer ones I have, placed on and lightly tapped it and put the wrench on and held it firmly and it turned, so success. Top up with a suction gun that has been in my study for a long time and cant remember why it was brought.

Hate to say how long this took. Now to tidy up the hole and plate it and put it back togeher. Incidentally the metal plate was for the solenoid for a type A overdrive, although I have a type J.

gearbox.jpg

Image will be uploaded shortly

This weekend i will be mostly fitting to my as was US spec 1972

• Stage 2 unleaded head
  • Piper fast road cam
  • Phoenix big bore system
  • Fosseway ventilated 4 pot brakes
  • Hi torque starter
  • Uprated alternator
  • New coil and leads
  • Rechromed bumpers
  • Inertia belts

which is a lot for me so starting tomorrow morning, now all of the cleaning has been completed

wish me luck and see you at the Blyton Track day

Paul