So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Andrew,

I cured popping on the overrun by adjusting A3 (the small one on top) clockwise, 1/4 turn at a time until the popping disappeared.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Andrew,

I cured popping on the overrun by adjusting A3 (the small one on top) clockwise, 1/4 turn at a time until the popping disappeared.

Hi Pete,

Yes, that's the one I over-adjusted - I went one full turn clockwise, so now just need to back it off until I get it right.

Cheers

Andrew

Just removed the gearbox from the "Deer Hunter ", its been making noises for a while ,diagnosed as Layshafts.

Taken it to SandM Triumph Restorations in Lincoln.

So Whilst its out i can tidy up a few jobs, still got the original cardboard cover in reasonable condition.

Sounds like George is giving Saffy some Attention, Oh what fun we all are having !

Cheers,

Conrad.

That is stunning Dave,

Another brilliant job by Stuart, that's also the colour I want on my 250. :)

Cheers

Graeme

I thought I could see a spec of dust on the engine! Turned out to be on my iPad screen :-)

Very nice. I think I'd revisit those battery terminals though. A spanner dropped on the positive one and bridging to the battery clamp could prove interesting.

I changed all the lubricants in the Diff (why no drain plug?) the Gearbox and the Motor...and against my better judgement replaced the original Oil filter bowl with a Spin-on conversion I've had on the shelf for ages...Erm not impressed, as one it has to be at a silly angle to avoid the clutch slave cylinder, and two it's really difficult to get a good grip on the spin-on cartridge filter in such a confined space, what with the slaves oil line wrapping around the filter...unless you have access to a hydraulic lift ramp and can tighten it up from underneath? I'm reverting back to the original bowl system next oil change!

Nothing. Car is being driven to spa classic and back

Very nice. I think I'd revisit those battery terminals though. A spanner dropped on the positive one and bridging to the battery clamp could prove interesting.

Thats why if you look carefully there is a rubber pad underneath the connector.

Stuart.

Secondary bonnet catch is run as per standard TR 4 fitment to drivers side footwell and is nice and light to operate as it is on the early cars. The 5/6 routing has always to my mind been very much of a backward step.

Stuart.

Thats why if you look carefully there is a rubber pad underneath the connector.

Stuart.

Yes, I saw that but you can still bridge the terminal post and connector to the retaining strap quite easily I would have thought. My battery terminals are to the rear and I have fitted an insulating terminal cover for good measure. Just my opinion.

Edited by peejay4A

Morning Dave , she looks great, i also understand why you changed from Chrome wires.

And just in time for summer .

Conrad.

Hi Folks,

Last week I knocked up some Surrey rear frame trim cups (for the two bolts that keep the roof on) for Stuart.

His glass fibre roof has smaller holes than my original rear frame - hopefully these will fit correctly.Item 9 http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/weather-equipment/hard-tops/surrey-top-fittings-tr4-4a.html

I also had fun making some reversing lights for the 4A - quite a bit of work but they don;t look out of place.

Rather than using the GB operated switch (too much work at present to fit) I have knocked up a simple 30 second timer to cancel them.

Roger