So what happening in your garage this weekend?

currently....(long easter weekend so friday counts) finishing off a small welding job on the chassis, replaced both top ball joints, rub down and repaint both other sills, fit two new b post caps..... then a good clean for a run on easter sunday stopping of somewhere for lunch.... loverly...!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Bill

Never seen one like that for years? how the hell did that comply.

Hi Neil

Well is does and it's brand new. 4 tonne capacity and can lift up to 2 mtrs. A new model. It's great and it just fits. I have been measuring and measuring for months. So many permutations. As you can probably see I have a mezzanine at the front, the roller box to consider, the width, the ramp width and so on and so on. I'm also delighted to solve another issue of being able to park an Audi A5 either on or under the ramp as well. At present I can't lift the TR to the full height, as the mezzanine gets in the way, but I'm going to simply use a mechanics chair for the time being.

Best Bill

Hi Neil

Well is does and it's brand new.

I think Neil is a Builder. I assumed he was referringto the garage rather than the ramp!

It is Easter after all, resurrecting KEH 2V seemed appropriate, especially as it's garaged within a stone's throw of the parish church and the cemetery.

Enough bark there to raise anyone who isn't either stone cold or stone deaf.

Maybe on Monday we'll fuel up the big blighter and spin it over, if that doesn't wake the dead . . . . then nothing will.

Cheers

Alec

I'm getting rid of all the Ford Xflow spares I have in the garage to make way for the TR6. After a 3 year flirtation with Ford, spending a fortune, building a 750MC Locost to race, I decided I didn't want to race a Locost, I wanted to drive a 6, so just purchased my old TR6 (BUO536L) back after 20 years :)

Like Andrew I was 'tasked' with gardening this weekend.....

Did manage an hour's tinkering.

Refitted speaker that had come loose, and fitted new ''hidden" radio aerial.

Of late my car is emitting a little puff of smoke on hot startup, and is running on a little.

I'm thinking valve stem oil seals?

Steve

Had a nice surprise yesterday. When I took the car out of the garage for the first time two weeks ago I found a spill of what I thought was gear oil on the floor :( . I'd filled up during the winter and now I thought there was a leak in the system. However, yesterday a freind asked me - when he was admiring my new kidney pads (see elsewhere): "What is that tube doing in the passenger footroom?". It appeared that it was the tube of the windscreen washer that had come loose! :wub:

Manfred

Hi Bill,

That's a mighty fine looking 4 post lift. (also a very nice tidy garage I should say too...)

I wonder where you got that from..., as we're looking at a replacement car lift in our farm workshop - I'll PM on that if you don't mind.

Background is that we have a very geriatric Laycock 4 post lift with the old fashioned long screws in each corner. We bought it second hand from a closing garage 15 years ago, done good service but sadly the insurance bloke is now saying the wear on the 'running nuts' is now at the limit. Any spares we can find look like £600 for a set, so time really for a new lift....!

We have been considering 2 post or 4 post lift replacements, so am interested in what the forumites opinions on these are...?

2 post seems to have overall better access for cars being worked on, but perhaps are not as stable and don't have as high a load rating.

4 post are a bit more expensive, not as good access for car maintenance, but more stable.

Open to peoples views on these.

general family vehicles that need to go on the lift are the TR6 and Stag of course, along with a LWB landrover, VW golf, Skoda Yeti, Rover 45, BMW X5, and BMW 330. The heaviest are the Landrover and X5 I think which will limit lift selection.

Cheers,

J.

Its not the weekend but Thursday I will be under the car and changing the sump gasket to eliminate an oil leak I created :angry: when I changed the crank end oil seal last year :(

I may have ago at changing the leaking clutch slave cylinder, I am aiming for a drip free 6 :D

This weekend the garage will be vacant as me and the Joker are out to play

post-12710-0-81839900-1428612037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daz
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of panic as I discovered on Saturday that this was the last week for MOT or I would have been "grounded" in May. A bit of tinkering in the garage on Sunday and luckily I got time at "Bilprovningen" and now it's done. Had to return two hours later after fastening 2 nuts for right steering arm (at the hub) and a missing brake light. Had to reverse to the old socket, in the new socket I fitted this winter, the bulb could spin 360 deg! Really bad quality on these new parts, I had to scrap one before even fitting it.

This weekend it's compression and leak test. As I only managed 19mpg on the New Forest Run.

Almost ran out at the Castle and had a mile or so walk to buy a can of fuel. Friends 6 still had almost half a tank.

Here's hoping it's the head only :( .........

Fingers crossed Mark

This weekend the I'll fit the new seat belt and the driver's seat is coming out to replace the cushion diaphragm.

Will take advantage of the improved access to the pedal box to check out the throttle pedal, that doesn't seem to move as freely as it should since I fit poly bearings.

High probability of cursing in this weekend's forecast...

B)

Edited by MadArgy

Looks like were going to have the same on this weekend

Just ordered metal and poly bushes for pedal box assembly and new seat foams , diaphragms and straps for both seats.

So who's going to use the most expletives!!.

Mark

Should be getting on with the body work really

Hi Andrew,

ask the RSM . . . . . . . and stand back smartly. :P

Cheers

Alec

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

• This weekend I hope to dust of the 6 and take it out for a blast, going to a show near Leek on Saturday, but the weather looks cr4p again...... :unsure:

Putting the head back on and getting her running so that I can get her to Manvers to set up the fuel system and check the electrics.

This, the result of finding an oil leak from the head gasket, following giving the engine a good gunking!

Hoping that, following all this I will have smoother running when cold and at tickover and better than 19 mpg

Testing the replacement MU and a replacement injector to make sure the car is ok for the Spa classic. Looking forwards to Eau Rouge.

Tim