So what happening in your garage this weekend?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

This weekend I will mostly be trying to find that original gear knob that I now I have somewhere !!

Deeply ashamed!!!!!!!

Renewed insurance today and the mileage on the 6 was 60127.

Checked last years renewal and the mileage was.......60127.

RIGHT THAT'S IT. Must sort out those squealing brakes, everything replaced and they still whine. Been asked not to take it out on club runs as every-one is embarrassed.

The overdrive takes about three hours to kick in when hot, oil changed, now need to change the relay

clean up all the lecky contacts.

Bought the new foam for the seats (each time we get in it we have to hoover the crumbles up) 12 months ago. I must be very nice to the gracious lady and request humbly for assistance.

On second thoughts by the time I have done the washing and ironing, hovered the house, mopped the floors, walked the dog, made dinner, cleaned the windows (She only asked me to do them at Xmas.....2013) I'm not sure I will have the time.

Do you think I can get a rebate on the insurance if I don't take it out for another 12 months?

This weekend I will mostly be Clay barring and Polishing swirl marks out of the paint... I find it therapeutic and it makes the car look fabulous. Takes ages though so I wil get about half the bonnet done before I get summons back into the house.

For anyone that has never clay barred a car before - do it. Look it up on YouTube and buy a bar. It will remove tar and **** in seconds. You will never bother with Tar remover liquids again. I did my Discovery 3 last summer and it looked like a new car after. Paint as smooth as a baby's bottom. A good polish afterwards and a final seal and dirt will wash off much more easily in the future.

Finished making a new inner wing for a mates TR3

wingfl10.jpg

Well done Alan your welding skills have come on well whilst doing yours then.

Stuart.

Well done Alan your welding skills have come on well whilst doing yours then.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

I have been having lessons with a retired coachbuilder for the last year, I am beginning to get used to the english wheel however so far have not mastered the art of welding aluminium with oxy acetelyne.

But-welding sheet steel is a bit easier but not much. Mention mig or tig and Peter goes off of his nut :ph34r:

cheers

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog

This weekend, I am informed, I will mostly be finding the lawn mower and coaxing it into life ! :wacko::wacko::unsure::huh:

Edited by Daz

fitting door handles, fitting new screen top trim then giving her a clean saturday for a sunday mornning breakfast club run to Hunstanton. two samios, a gt6, a stag and me..... :)

Edited by Nickffc

This weekend, I am informed, I will mostly be finding the lawn mower and coaxing it into life ! :wacko::wacko::unsure::huh:

God.....not that time again already !!!!

After a winter up here on Dartmoor, my garden looks like a battlefield.

It also likes like a mole has taken up residence. Time to deploy my cat, Buffy The Mole Slayer.

So far she's got 5 of the buggers over the years !!

TR6 wise, if the weather holds, time to take the plugs out, squirt some oil in and fire up the beasty.

First run if the year !!

Ok so I've found what looks like a mower, got it started, now tomorrow just need to find the lawn and the wife and put the three of them together, simples

Nice one Daz :D

Today I will be mainly bedding my new pads in on the 4 pots, the old up to 10 mph and stop, 20 mph and stop, 30 mph and stop, well you know :rolleyes:

Also admiring my very bright new Bi-Xenons upgrade now in place (I could actually see where I was going in the country lanes from Warwick to my place last night!!), handbrake improvers fitted so I now have a half decent handbrake, nice shiny new door handles now on, new front Gaz shocks are in.... starting off with 20 clicks and see how she goes :blink:

But to top it all had a phone call from Don Trimming inviting me to take up a cancellation spot on Monday the 9th March rather than wait until my booked in slot of May 27th ... major result, eat your heart out Sparky Brum, I have somehow managed to leapfrog you!

Happy days

Cheers

Nice one Daz :D

Today I will be mainly bedding my new pads in on the 4 pots, the old up to 10 mph and stop, 20 mph and stop, 30 mph and stop, well you know :rolleyes:

Also admiring my very bright new Bi-Xenons upgrade now in place (I could actually see where I was going in the country lanes from Warwick to my place last night!!), handbrake improvers fitted so I now have a half decent handbrake, nice shiny new door handles now on, new front Gaz shocks are in.... starting off with 20 clicks and see how she goes :blink:

But to top it all had a phone call from Don Trimming inviting me to take up a cancellation spot on Monday the 9th March rather than wait until my booked in slot of May 27th ... major result, eat your heart out Sparky Brum, I have somehow managed to leapfrog you!

Happy days

Cheers

And no doubt testing some new Carlos Fandango material for your mudflaps/stoneguards

Cheers

Guy

Plugs out, cleaned up .

Oil in the cylinders.

New "bumble bee " copper ht leads fitted

Coil disconnected, engine turned over.

Plugs in and she fired up after a couple of minutes.

First trip of the year. Purring like a pussycat !.

Filled up with Texaco petrol , and back home.

20 Mile trip. Lovely !

Beautiful blue skies and 19°C here today. Got a chance to balance and set up my brand new NOS hs6 carbs origonally set up for a Austin Allegro 1750 that I bought cheap on ebay.I guess listing things as allegro spares has that effect :D

Changed the needles and springs blocked up various extra connections modified the accelerator linkage and away she went, very smooth when correctly balanced and left a few moderns looking surprised on the bypass.

Next weekend I ought to fix the speedometer as the flash from the speed camera was really quite blinding! :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol:

Well . . . . .wish me luck

All the regulation tinkering done; brakes / lights / wipers / timing / fuel sytem / steering

MOT booked for Friday at my local, friendly, helpful garage.

Confident nothing major will go wrong, but, it's a '6' and I'm already nervous of the potential phone call preceeding costly news

Well . . . . .wish me luck

All the regulation tinkering done; brakes / lights / wipers / timing / fuel sytem / steering

MOT booked for Friday at my local, friendly, helpful garage.

Confident nothing major will go wrong, but, it's a '6' and I'm already nervous of the potential phone call preceeding costly news

Good luck John, I am sure it will sail through.