So what happening in your garage this weekend?

Fitting engine and front suspension to the new chassis.

A corner turned!!

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Not "in" the garage, but what I did the other weekend:

http://youtu.be/ry2LzAfgJEQ

Due to p poor editing the nicer bit is at the end...

V envious. Could damp and flat here.

Tried fitting seats - not happening

Tried fitting telescopic dampers - not happening

Tried fitting new exhaust - lifted the car so high I can't open the garage door anymore and now need access to the boot.

Better planning needed next weekend!

Removing trailing arm bushes. What a palaver. First two out with a combination of heat and home made puller. Going to use a core drill on the second two to remove the metal insert. Glad I will only theoretically be doing it once.

Cheers

Tim

Not "in" the garage, but what I did the other weekend:

http://youtu.be/ry2LzAfgJEQ

Matt

Really nice video, Its been over 20 Years since I drove my TR6 over the waitaks, you have made me very homesick.

When I was a teenager I tramped all over the ranges with some mates usually going out most weekends and holidays, I used to know the bush like the back of my hand, it is amazing how relaxing a couple of days tramping can be.

Was the bit the end Huia ? I think the road was still unsealed last time I was there. I feel like selling my 3a and coming home for a holiday

cheers

Alan

Had a visit from Tim Hunt and his lovely wife Sue, great to meet them. We went for a spin in my 6 (1st video), and Tim had a drive in the second. Kudos to Tim, he was used to a TR4 gearbox and had a challenge going to reverse but soon got that sorted. Will definitely stay in touch Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ghe-y_01I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0trV2rQG4

Edited by Tony Millward

Matt

Really nice video, Its been over 20 Years since I drove my TR6 over the waitaks, you have made me very homesick.

When I was a teenager I tramped all over the ranges with some mates usually going out most weekends and holidays, I used to know the bush like the back of my hand, it is amazing how relaxing a couple of days tramping can be.

Was the bit the end Huia ? I think the road was still unsealed last time I was there. I feel like selling my 3a and coming home for a holiday

cheers

Alan

Anything I can do to encourage expats to return home ;) -though actually you might not recognise Auckland after 20years and selling the 3A to do so might be a bit extreme.

It was from the local Triumph club drive from a couple of weekends ago, spot on picking the location. Swanson end of Scenic drive to Titirangi & then down to Huia. I threw in a little run to little Huia at the end which was the segment I included. The road over to Whatipu is still unsealed but many of the Waitakere roads are sealed these days-no need for 4WD to get back from Piha in the rain any more.

Another run to the Karamatura valley planned this week to make you even more homesick-it's still as nice as ever.

(And don't tell the others in the northern hemisphere but the Xmas/NY weather has been stunning and the Pohutukawas blazing red along the coastline...)

***broken links***

Edited by matttnz

Argh... so much for this embedding rubbish...

15957661820_cc18f922bc.jpg

15959215307_05d0baf1c6.jpg

15958888359_548e3df713.jpg

Had a visit from Tim Hunt and his lovely wife Sue, great to meet them. We went for a spin in my 6 (1st video), and Tim had a drive in the second. Kudos to Tim, he was used to a TR4 gearbox and had a challenge going to reverse but soon got that sorted. Will definitely stay in touch Tim.

Good to See your Posting for the New Year.

The steering on the TR6 became a bit vague. We checked the steering rack: when turning the steering wheel, the "fixed" part of the steering rack moved about 5mm before the rack started to move the wheels!

We changed the rubber parts which clamp the steering to the chassis against polyurethan parts (the mild model). Now the rack moves only about 0.5mm before the wheels move!

We will see what the result is on the road, once we have finished the repair of the radiator.

Wilfried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ghe-y_01I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0trV2rQG4

Hi Tony

Happy New year, really enjoyed the clips, nice to see you've not lost your brummie twang :P

Decided to do something about my deafening air compressor.

It's a "direct drive" machine, that I was warned would be louder than a belt driver version.

Talking in the garage while it runs is impossible, and if I forget to turn it off, and it starts in the night, 'er indoors complains, allegedly on behalf of our neighbours.

I was going to box it, in the alcove where it lives next to the roller cabinet, but that would have made it a very tight squeeze to get the cab in and out.

Plan now is to put it at the other end of the garage, under an old kitchen table, boxed inside and outside the legs with an insulator between and under the table top.

Just off now to B&Q with a list of ply and other bits.

Still wondering about what to use as insulation - foam, old plastic bags, carpet underlay?

John

Thanks Clarkey, how about someone making a clip around Brum...would love to see how it has changed.

Cheers

Tony

Tony

you probably would not believe how its changed, once i get the diff done and the new hubs and drive shafts, i'll take the 6 for a spin and film it for you

Hi Guy

Happy New Year hope you & your family are well?

Have you been polishing the Towel Rails? :lol::lol::lol:

Stone Guards are here to Stay!!! :P

Are you going to Spa in May?

Cheers

Mike B)

Stripping cylinder head and fitting rear trailing arm and diff. Chassis almost there.

Tim

Thanks Clarkey, how about someone making a clip around Brum...would love to see how it has changed.

Cheers

Tony

Tony, this is an interesting view of Brum, but you have probably seen it! ;)

Cheers

Graeme