So what happening in your garage this weekend?

This weekend I will mostly be swearing a lot and trying to fit my new Mohair hood and envelope.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart-- Some better pics of the tubing straightener. The aluminum blocks are 7" x 1" x 0.5".  You should be able to closely estimate the other dimensions from those, though none are particularly

Morning all,  got the job finished gearbox out the only thing that got in the way was the flap on the bottom of the heater. Now got to clean all parts take off and tidy up things under the dash as the

Preparing my Ford Zodiac MK4 Executive for sale. Too may classic to look after!

Posted Images

Putting the head back on after a blown head gasket. It blew on the way to its mot, so booked a test for 11:00am tomorrow morning. Head on and torqued, manifolds just on, now attaching the cables. (Come in to look at some photos I l took before when taking it apart). Nice cool draught blowing through garage at present.

Checking up on a scraping sound from the front. Think the dust shield is touching.

Tim

trying to fit a rear lower valence and rear back panel !

might take a bit longer than this weekend , what with having to put rear wings and boot back on ......

Len

Trying to get at and undo the gearbox filler plug, cant have been done for years,and wants to burr off all the time.....cant believe something so easy,can be so difficult.

Have tried allsorts, so thats me sorted...

If i do it, i will be off to Donnington to Triumphfest.

Conrad.

So many things to do hard to know where to start , but putting back end together would be a start.ie new inner and outer valence and boot panel. Repair inner wings. Just ordered new AE bearings from revingtons so could be rebuilding engine. Or could be fitting new brake pipes. The list is endless.

Help Mark.

If we're really lucky, Gus might solve the K-Jetronic maladies and we could fire up the 80 quattro properly for the first time in . . . too many years ! That should piss off the odd neighbour or three, it's not what you might call quiet or civilised.

Meanwhile I need to get the V8s out of the barn. Fire up the road V8 for the first time this year, that should disturb a lot more than just a trio of neighbours, and no doubt there'll be some wingeing . . . . if they winge loud enough, we'll fire up the dragster. That drowns any wingeing, and pisses off folks who don't live close enough to even consider themselves neighbours. Tough.

Then there's a wheel and tyre to get back on the Mallock, and investigate a bearing sort of a noise on the 3A, quick road test to disturb a few more innocent weekenders, thanks Julian.

No doubt we'll think of something for Sunday, Gus was threatening to bring his chopper over . . . . one noisy motorcycle !

Cheers

Alec

Sorting the heater valve on the 6 which started spraying hot coolant everywhere yesterday - fortunately I have a new one in the spares department. Then dropping the sump and having a look and flushing all the oil system cause I think it needs doing. Look at thrust bearing clearances while I'm there

Then replacing CV boot and gearbox oil seal on son's new Fiat 500 sport

Cars and coffee meet tomorrow morning so a bit of socializing

Weather tomorrow clear and sunny 12-24 degC

Graze

Edited by Graze

Saturday, pulling my hair out, trying to align the doors, wings and bonnet on the TR6.

Sunday, relaxing with friends at the 'world famous' Bathtub race Show & Shine. http://bathtubbing.com/

Cheers

Graeme

Neat garage Graeme, you just need to make space for a blue TR to complete the set. Good luck with the alignment, pain in the arse job and very frustrating

Last night I fitted a breather catch tank from a Honda Goldwing.

This morning I cleaned up a second hand windscreen that I purchased last year only to find a nice big scratch and a stone chip. :(

This evening I will be taking the 6 out for a spin.

Visitor coming, so talking the talk - in the garage

then

Walking the walk - up the hill to try to delay going over the hill.

Edited by Peter Cobbold

+1 on the heater tap...

And various adventures in wiring

Maraged to avoid having an MGB in there for a fuel leak! lent him some ramps and some 1/4" pipe! the offer of a box of matches was not appreciated! they are a touchy lot these MG owners :D

Got to be worth at least 1 bottle of wine no make that 2 it is sunday so double time :P

He is a nice bloke but admits his tool box consists of a duster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still sums them up?

Roger

Just the gentle hum of the De Humidifier! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I got the new hood fitted, it took three weekends not just the one due to lots of thinking and not much doing ! looks good now though. Now thinking about new foam for the seats....