Keep your eye on Lidl deals, have them for sale 2-3 times a year sub £50 pricing.

Mick Richards

I have an old industrial Branson cleaner -- heavy metal case, heated if I want to (rarely done), and powerful enough to do good work. Smallish container, at about 6" x 6" x 5", but it gets used *all* the time for all kinds of things. It's perfect for bicycle work.

It was a gift from a friend who had it as a duplicate in her company's lab and wasn't using it. The key things (IMO) is that it's from a known name and industrially-rated. My very limited experience with the cheap ultrasonic cleaners is that they really didn't work as well. Limited sample, and some years old, so I hope out of date and not relevant any more. Lidl is not in our market, so I never get to test any of their deals.

My first port of call when I look for another or bigger ultrasonic bath will be Craigslist, eBay, or one of the other sites selling surplus industrial stuff.

As said Lidl or Aldi do them and I have used it on carb parts and fuel pumps, Ok you have to strip them down and turn to get full cleaning but at the price worth the extra effort. You wont clean an engine block but for the small stuff. Wash up liquid and hot water works fine.

if you can't wait this is similar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JPL-7000-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-accessories/dp/B00112B0U0/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt