Trying check out my 1964 TR4 which I note is on a Sorn so still around, I had this around early 70's and swapped it for my White TR4 and some cash as mine was running. Came with a Surrey top and the engine in bits. It was Red at that time. When back on the road it was very quick and used to commute from Glasgow back in the day. Nothing like a cosy winters night time drive with the top off and the heater on full blast.

I wonder where it is now?

It occurs to me that it was nearly 10 years newer than my TR2 when built and 18 years newer when I bought it. Consider that I paid £30 for the TR2 bought in 1972 with a fresh MOT, it was cheap to buy a TR back in the day.

Rgds

Rod.

Edited by Rodbr
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi neil,

Sorry I did not spot this earlier, kind got a bit going on at the mo!

It was definitely a live axle 4 when I had it. I wonder if the engine I built back when survived till you had it as it was very quick engine that pulled like a train.

Glad that it gave someone pleasure and is still around or at least it was.

Rod