O/D =1", I/D = .625" length .9688" for a tight fit I would need larger than 1" to start off with, & smaller I/D.

this is (I think) a suitable replacement for original:

http://www.autopartoo.com/oem/ndh/ra121.html

guess this ought to be in a new thread (sorry Roger)

Bob.

Hi Tim,

If you are now into mods that may save your life instead of making the car more blingy try and ensure you fit the rear of cockpit alloy firewall, very cheap and easy to fit and will save you getting crisped if the worst happens.

Mick Richards

O/D =1", I/D = .625" length .9688" for a tight fit I would need larger than 1" to start off with, & smaller I/D.

this is (I think) a suitable replacement for original:

http://www.autopartoo.com/oem/ndh/ra121.html

guess this ought to be in a new thread (sorry Roger)

Bob.

That bush sounds like a 4 cyl TR spigot bush for the back of a crankshaft. or are they 7/8" o/d.?

I thought you had to grind sinterered material or it lost is oil retention properties on the machined surface.

Later TR6 and Stag used steel bushes rather than bronze in these positions on the mainshaft.

Cheers

Peter W

• 3 weeks later...

Time for feedback.

The gearbox and OD came home today.

The overdrive had a broken circlip inside that allowed things to float around - hence it not working. Otherwise in fair condition.

Gearbox was also in fair condition, The usual bits replaced - synchro's, bearings, bushes, seals etc. The gears were in good order.

The clutch cross shaft was in good condition. The bushes at the ends were the thin ones, so I have replaced with the 7/8" bushes at both ends.

I had a try of the new (old) pressure plate - it is a Laycock and blimey it is quite comfortable to press down compared to the B&B that came out.

The friction plate is the usual AP offering, RHP (expensive) release bearing and a supa-dupa fork. The hole in the top of the fork holds the taper snuggly.

Tomorrow I shall re-assemble the car back together and have a test drive. Tomorrow or Thursday I will have to get an MOT as it expired whilst the car was in pieces.

Taking the engine out to fit the gearbox increases the work load quite a bit but reduces the burden significantly - no heavy lifting or straining.

Roger

My final post on this subject (probably).

Went up to Harrogate on Friday and back on Sunday. The gearbox and Overdrive performed faultlessly.

Drenched in flood water, stuck in crawling traffic - no problems (thanks heavens)

If anybody in the south of London (6-O-Clock position on the M25) then give Hardy engineering a call for your GB/OD problems.

Roger

My final post on this subject (probably).

Went up to Harrogate on Friday and back on Sunday. The gearbox and Overdrive performed faultlessly.

Drenched in flood water, stuck in crawling traffic - no problems (thanks heavens)

If anybody in the south of London (6-O-Clock position on the M25) then give Hardy engineering a call for your GB/OD problems.

Roger

Whilst at Harrogate I talked to the gearbox man from Overdrive Repair Services Sheffield who was most helpful and sold me a toughened cross shaft pin for the 3A box I am rebuilding. ORS also do a neat line in toughened layshafts using bearing type alloy steel with deep case hardening. It would have been nice to know this when I rebuilt my 4A box.

Well done ORS, hopefully someone will benefit from this information.

Tim