Hi,

I noticed in the Moss catalog that there are two types of oil gauge feed, one Pi and the other Carbs, but adapter for the engine is only listed as PI

If this is the case how and where does the pipe connect to the engine on a carb model?

Thanks

Mike

Would have thought on the same place on the engine block...why would there be any differance?

Edited by Denis

HI, I was only looking yesterday and on my TR4 (1964) there is a banjo connection on the oil filter housing (Purelator) which feeds the oil pressure gauge, not sure if this is standard...

I'm thinking of converting to spin on type so decided to see what was what.

I note that on my earlier cars, Pi, the oil feed was in one if the lower oil plug holes just above the sump. In my current ex Usa car its just below the dizzy. The oil plug holes are the same size so presume either location is suitable.

HI, I was only looking yesterday and on my TR4 (1964) there is a banjo connection on the oil filter housing (Purelator) which feeds the oil pressure gauge, not sure if this is standard...

I'm thinking of converting to spin on type so decided to see what was what.

That's standard on the 4/4a. The spin on conversion doesn't change things. It's a sandwich plate that bolts on in place of the old filter housing and the new filter attaches to the sandwich plate. Edited by peejay4A