Hi Folks,

has anybody used the SuperPro Blue bushes and grease seal in the TRunnion.

I've only every used the white nylon bushes that wear quite quick.

Also any tips on keeping water out as the ring seals don;t work that well.

Roger

What on earth are you doing with them Roger?

Standard nylon bushes last for donkeys years and are perfectly adequate when fitted with coppaslip.

Jerry

Hi Folks,

I fitted the superPro trunnion bushes this morning. Nothing exciting happened. It all fitted together well.

The original square ring seals and shields are not required as the new bushes form the seal.

I fitted a SuperPro trunnion seal (at the top) and this fitted nicely also.

Roger

Nothing exciting happened.

Wait for your first drive with these. These bushes give the car a new 'feel' when you're turning corners or long bends.

I've never driven my 3A with other bushes than the blue ones, so I cannot compare 'before and after', but I once replaced my Spitfire 1500's lower wishbone bushes with the blue ones. It felt like a totally different, new car!

Menno

Hi Menno,

I had a spare couple of hours this afternoon whilst waiting for paint to dry so I fitted the superPro bushes to the nearside as well.

Driving down to Cornwall on Sunday should be good.

Roger

Hi Pete,

If I wanted to get there quicker I would go in the Saab.

Coming home last night a burk in a Merc took a roundabout way too fast then exited from the wrong lane causing some interest.

When I came off the round about I decided to put my foot down to see what the 9.3 could do.

Bl**dy hell it can do quite a lot - most impressed.

However I let Merc Burk crash somewhere else without me.

Roger

I did about 800 miles over the last few days down in Cornwall and the new bushes appear to have worked well.

It may be psychological but the front did feel smoother (it must be all the £££ that I spent).

However I did have a panic. In fitting the bushes I had to take the front brakes off.

When we set off on Sunday morning - first drive after the bush fitting - the brakes felt rather wooly.

This lasted all the way to Cornwall. I had an Idea that perhaps the pads had been fitted back to where they didn't come from (ie the wrong place).

Sure enough, after swapping the offside pads around the brakes were back to normal.

I think the problem is caused by the small ridges, that form on the disc and pads, didn't align with the pads in the wrong position - they had peak to peak contact.

Roger