Power steering for TR7

Hi folks,

Tried to get some feed back a few months ago regarding Electric power steering for my TR7 V8 but without much luck. I have asked around and I haven't found any body whose had this system fitted. The main feedback I got was the TR7 steering is fine as it is.

Both my TR8's ( one Factory, one Replica ) have Hydraulic Power steering and there great to drive and without the classic steering wheel wobble.

Well, I can tell you now I have bit the bullet and had the Electric power steering fitted. This is an S&S system fitted along with one of there brand new quick racks.MY GOD!! its made the car like a go kart. a quarter turn of the wheel with one finger round roundabouts and NO WOBBLE. And quiet as a church mouse unlike the hiss from the hydraulic system.

As I have been told you don't really need it but you don't really need that second chocolate eclair from the box but hey, you know you want it.

Great news Terry,

I would like to see one of these systems on a car and see how it looks. Are you coming to the International?

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I am also considering one of the S and S systems. Can I be so cheeky and ask you how much it was to have these two items fitted Terry? If you don't want to broadcast this info then maybe a PM will suffice.

Thanks

Alan

Great news Terry,

I would like to see one of these systems on a car and see how it looks. Are you coming to the International?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

no I'm not coming to the International this year I'm afraid. Devon to Yorkshire for a day out is to much for my dodgy back these days. Catch up with you next year at Malvern

Terry

I am also considering one of the S and S systems. Can I be so cheeky and ask you how much it was to have these two items fitted Terry? If you don't want to broadcast this info then maybe a PM will suffice.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

The power steering system was £1500.00 +VAT fitted and the quick rack was £350.00 +VAT

Terry

That's great! I'm pleased it's turned out (seemingly) better than you'd hoped. Do you happen to know which car your column came from? Corsa? (cough) MG F/TF? Did they also keep the original wheel & switches?

Richard

Alisdair Southill makes a hydraulic power steering conversion all in complete at a lot less than that.I have fitted his on to my TR5 around four to five years ago and now only notice how good it really is when I have a drive of standard TR,S. Fantastic bit of kit.

Harry.

• 2 months later...