Hi my friends

Going to have a go at dent pulling on my mothers car

Seen these kits, any one got any views on them, or used them,

www.power-tec.co.uk

Product no 92379, also on eBay, and a product video

Red box with all the tools aprox cost 170

Can ay one advise something better

Pink

Depending on how bad the dent is and if the paint is broken or not, it may be cheaper to use one of the professionals.

I paid £70 to have a dent no bigger than the size of my hand pulled out on my daughter's car. Excellent job too, can't tell it was even there.

The key thing is HAVING REAR ACCESS.

Do a You-tube search on:

PDR

or

Paintless Dent Repair.

The professionals have a huge range of special tools, all shapes, hooks, bars, straps etc

They can get access through the gap between the door-frame and the glass.

If you dont have rear access then the method of spot-welding studs and using a slide hammer is good.

Photo of the dent wold help.

Depending on the size/shape, dents can be pulled from the outside (with no access from behind) by gluing (hot melt adhesive) a stud on the outside and pulling that.

The biggest fear is the paint seperating from the car - but rarely happens.

Roger

Pink you have all the kit to do it already, came with that spot welder I got you.

Stuart.

Depends what your expectations are. These kits are widely available nad may do the job. Most include a video but what ALL of them don't include is training and years of experience.

Better get yourself an old panel, knock a few dents in to it and practice. Just remember for every dent there is usually a resulting 'high' that needs dealing with. Even with pullers the area may need a tap-down tool used afterwards.

Good luck

Mike

It depends on the shape and size of the dent as if its stretched the metal then your going to have to do some bodywork anyway.

Stuart.

Pink my nephew does this for a living ,he's been doing it for main dealerships on brand new cars which get a dent sometimes in transport, he said have a go ,the worst case you will have to get it painted ,he also said he's still learning after 7 years,but good luck.

Nick