Alternative Surrey Soft Top Fitting .

I have a Surrey Soft Top with a TR5 Header Rail fitted into it on the H Frame. This clamps down onto the top of the screen very snugly as a normal softop does.

The rear has the 2x H frame Bars going into the usual holes on the backlight.So far so good.

Along the rear of the soft top are 5/6 tenax fasteners to fit it down to the top of the backlight.

Has anyone had any experience of fitting and using one like this ?

Cheers,

Conrad.

Thats similar to the expensive Revington conversion but with the standard rear bar instead of the Tenax. Cant see the real point in the Tenax fittings unless someone had problems fixing the rear bar down.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Mine has the standard rear bar staying attached to the rear frame and fitted with snap fasteners. Very quick to install and remove the soft top. Need marine grade snap fasteners because they retain rain water and start rusting after a while. Tenax seems a bit over-the-top, so to speak.

Thanks for the replies chaps,It sems that it was previously fitted at the rear with just these tenax fittings and no rear bar. They are already on the soft top,so i have no option on the rear, unless i can remove them and maybe do what Mr Geko has done. (do i presume that you cant fit a hardtop with presstuds on the backlight ?)

Cheers,

Conrad.

just keep it this way as the Tenax allow you to swap soft and hard tops without removing anything unlike my setup where you need to remove the rear bar to fit the hardtop.

Thanks for the replies chaps,It sems that it was previously fitted at the rear with just these tenax fittings and no rear bar. They are already on the soft top,so i have no option on the rear, unless i can remove them and maybe do what Mr Geko has done. (do i presume that you cant fit a hardtop with presstuds on the backlight ?)

Cheers,

Conrad.

Personally I would remove them Conrad and get a strip sewn over that section to hide the holes and go back to the original rear bar type of fixing. It would be more weatherproof for this country.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Good thinking stewart, i knew someone would make me see sense....As it happens i have found my original rear bar, so off with the tenax and in with the bar.

It will look as original,but with the added bonus of a more secure front.

Thanks chaps,

Conrad.

Can anyone recommend where I can get an aluminium hard top for a TR5 refurbished ? It's actually in good condition now, but needs some very minor fettling and strip/repaint by someone that knows what they are doing?

Chris

Can anyone recommend where I can get an aluminium hard top for a TR5 refurbished ? It's actually in good condition now, but needs some very minor fettling and strip/repaint by someone that knows what they are doing?

Chris

Depends on where you are as you really dont want to be sending one on a carrier.

Stuart.