Need seats ! mgf / tf seats fit ?

hi guys , need two seats ,people seem to go for mx5 seats .

i have looked any ideas where best , i want them in leather and need runners with all fixings

i have found some mgf/tf seats complete ,not sure they would fit ??

look forward to your help

cheers coolie

Coolie

Paul Bishop does mx5 seat

Heres a link to his e bay shop, he can cover the seats in whatever material/ pattern you like. Some have had the seats with pleats similar to the originals,if you contact him

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mx5-MK2-Seats-Recovered-in-Black-leather-/221450674867?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338f7d22b3

Tr trader can supply runners

Cant coment on mg seats

Cheers

Guy

Coolie

Even the latest MX5 seats (from NC series cars) fit -just

If you find a set with runners all you need is brackets made up and either Stef or I can give you details

Graze

thanks , sorted mx5 seats on ebay , good clean seats with runners £90 the pair . picked up brackets from trtrader and while i was there picked up seat belts , seats and belts will be fitted this sunday .

will cover in leather when i do all trims after mot .

thanks for the links

cheers coolie

Hi

Just typed a long post on this subject after doing exactly the same job today - only to realise I wasn't signed in so couldn't submit it

I saved the text to word thinking that I could sign in then paste it, but this isn't working either - any ideas

Thanks

Stuart

Try this

Copy your word text.

Back to this topic

Go to reply to this topic

Look in the menu bar above the typing window and click on the first icon (BB code mode)

Place your mouse back in the typing window.

Right click and select paste.

The type face will be unformatted.

Click the icon again.

The type face is back to normal

Mike

Edited by MikeF

Nice one Mike !!

Hi Coolie

I'm one day ahead of you after fitting MX5 seats recovered in leather (by Paul) using brackets by TR Trader this afternoon

I know there is plenty of very useful info on the forum already about this subject, but seeing as I've done it today and you're doing it tomorrow I thought I would recount my experience.
• My car is an early TR4 - 3 out of the 4 original mounting holes could be used on the passenger side but I had to redrill the fourth, the hole to the door side at the rear.
• Its easier to take the runners off the seats to straighten them, while they are off you can trial fit them onto the TR Trader brackets in the car just to make sure it all fits - its easier without the bulk of the seat in the way. That's when I realised one of the holes would need to be redrilled. (check 505mm dimension front to rear)
• When you straighten the runners be careful you don't twist them as well - especially the fronts
• After straightening the runners don't forget to re connect the cross wire that operates the forward /back seat adjuster before you re-attach the seat runners to the seat, you can't do it after
• I moved the drivers seat closer to the tunnel to align better with the steering wheel and reduce the offset, it doesn't really notice in comparison to the passenger seat (4 new holes needed!)
• If you use inertia reel seal belts make sure they are fitted tight to the bottom of the arch at the B post or the seat will hit the reel when you slide it back and limit the extent of full adjustment
• Recline the seat too far and it will trap the belt on the wheel arch. I guess this comment depends on what belt arrangement you have
• I fitted the TR Trader (tall person) brackets direct to the floor then replaced the carpet on top, I only mention this as previous posts have referred to the brackets being unsightly?
• I didn't need to modify the seat pan, it drags a bit when you slide the seat but I can live with that
Hope this all makes sense, if not now, it will by the time you have finished tomorrow.

PS - I now have 2 original early style buckets seats in good rebuilt condition for sale - I wont be going back!!

Regards

Stuart

hi stuart, thanks for the info war and peace has nothing on that !! lol

all fitted and all went very smoothley thanks

the £90 mx5 seats look great and for the cost great value .

i will have them covered in leather when i have more funds !!

i fitted securon belts from tr traders but the belts seem to have locked and will not unwind !!

any ideas

cheers coolie

Coolie

Mae sure the housing is mounted so the belt releases vertically otherwisee they will lock. If you have them fitted vertically just check that the belt isn't compressed between the housing and the bulkhead Lining

Graze

Graze , not fitted them to the car yet !

took them out of box and just started to fit , i wanted to lenghthen the belt to set up for fit .

belt will not release from reel

i have emailed tr trader and awaiting a reply

cheers coolie