Tex Wiper blade replacements

Does anyone have recommendations for replacement wiper blades I have the Tex stainless steel arms.

I am guessing that refills don't exist now ? or do they !!!

I recently had to replace my Moss supplied blades which had perished in a year despite never seeing rain. I bought new ones from,

http://www.classiccarexchange.co.uk

The pair were about £18 including delivery which I think compares quite well with other suppliers.

I've not used the new ones in the rain yet but they appear a little darker in colour and a little more substantial, time will tell.

Delivery was quick and well wrapped so no complaints.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I will take a look, perhaps they would last longer in the rain !!!

I've had several different wipers over the past few years - all of them from the usual suppliers, and all of which split well before time (including the last set from Tex).

Soon got bored of that. :mellow:

So after the Tex wipers split, I took a pair of needle nose pliers to the frames, and eased open the tabs to remove the old blades.

bb948000-7846-42b2-9715-5fb92ada6cdb_zps

. . . paid a visit to the local auto parts shop for a pair of 24" universal wiper blades (with the hard plastic spines).

2c78c33e-d9c1-4553-a335-ef48f8915228_zps

. . . slid them into the stainless frames, re-crimped the tabs, and trimmed to length.

ebf1cb2c-80b2-493f-b69d-86d733e2b164_zps

A quick five minute job, with enough left over for two more sets. (And they do a far better job at shifting water than the "classic" brands too)! :)

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Good advice indeed, I thought someone would have done this

thanks

Who supplied the original stainless ones? Mine are stamped TRICO.

I have just cleaned up the original Trico wiper arms and blades for my TR6. I will be replacing the actual wiper with replacements as Deggers has done.

However, I compared them with the TEX ones fitted to my TR4A, and the arms are different widths so TEX blades would not fit Trico arms. I haven't measured them yet but would guess the Trico are 1/4" and TEX are 3/16".

Cheers

Graeme

Interesting TRICO article, thank you Kevo!

As a keen 'Bicyclist' myself I often have to remind 'Motorcarists' that Bicycles were using the roads before cars were even invented!

Indeed, the Only roads actually created exclusively for Automobiles are Motorways, on which Cyclists are not permitted, but we Cyclists have learned to put up with these new fangle Motorised contraptions on our roads, which cause us more harm than vise-versa...at least thanks to TRICO (some) drivers can at least see where they're going in the rain now! :P

Edited by Denis