Best battery for a TR 6

I have fitted the Bosch S4 Car Battery Type 069 / 072 70Ah from Euro Car Parts.

It has high capacity, is the right size and is reasonably priced at £65.99 with a four year guarantee.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter.My current battery is at least 12yrs old ! As we Cumbrians are off on our annual camping trip to the Highlands at the weekend I think I had better get a new one. Having a high torque starter lulls you into a false sense of security as seems to draw a lot less current.

my car has a halfords batery fitted in 2012 by the PO

it seems to be very strong, coping easily with the original starter motor :-)

steve

Hi

I've just replaced a Fiamm 069/072 which was 9 years old and being in a summer use only classic it probably didn't get the best of treatment until I bought one of these CTEK chargers a couple of years ago!

RonA

Edited by RonA

Somewhat surprisingly, Halfords can find you a TR6 battery on their database - economical and so far seems to work fine!

Plus 1 for Halfords

Cheers

Mike

Got a 670 cca from Euro car parts, its an Exide., correct terminals, fits in tray, about £65, form their eBay site, collect in store.