Surrey top internal pictures please

Im about to start glueing the headlining into the backlight. I'm not sure how it fits around the recesses of the roof attachments. Could anyone take a couple of pictures so I can see how to fit the lining,

Thanks muchly

Simon

Hi simon, you're obviously getting close to the fun part, you're welcome to pop over and view my 6 if it helps, or if you were going to a breakfast meet this weekend id be up for that in the 6. Regards Bob.

I glued mine in strips . Probably four passes on this. Makes positioning easier and stops the stuff sticking to itself.

This needs some tension so it sits tight over the recess.

Two ways to make the joins. Do you know about this?

I glued mine in strips . Probably four passes on this. Makes positioning easier and stops the stuff sticking to itself.

This needs some tension so it sits tight over the recess.

Two ways to make the joins. Do you know about this?

No 'fraid not....

Well you can make a simple overlap, one stuck on the other, but this leaves a cut edge visible.

At the join there are two layers.

OR

You fold one piece over for about 1/4in and stick it together. The other piece goes behind this one.

This hides the cut edge.

BUT

You would have three layers and it would be a bit thick. So you carefully shave off a bit the the fold and squash it in a vice.

This gives you about two and a half layers at the join.

This sound laborious but the joins are only short and its actually quite quick.

Hi Graham, Edwin,

I would love to say it is a coat hook but it isn't. It is the rear hook for the surrey soft top elastic.

I put it there because the previous owner had it there and I knew no different.

I have since found out, from Stuart, that there should be a hook on the front vertical edge of the rear frame for this (but there isn;t).

At least it is a talking point.

Roger

Correct position for the clip on an original rear frame.

Stuart.

photo1572_zps6d7fe810.jpg

There shouldnt actually be any joins in the rear frame headlining as per original. The bottom piece goes all the way round and the top piece goes right across. The two side sections are separate and are made of shaped pieces of card or ally covered with material and fitted after the frame is bolted down. The original material was called "Longhorn" pattern. Moss do a kit of the correct material but its a bit tight on material.

Stuart.

MarksTR5361_zps3c6995db.jpg

MarksTR5362-1.jpg

Edited by stuart

There should also be a clip on the screen frame as well for the soft section side hooks.

Stuart.

photo1574_zps928d222a.jpg