Hi all

I have just fitted my tr6 with lowered updated springs from TRGB with Gaz shocks ,also new Dunlop 195/65/15 energy tyres .pressers are 24 front 28 rear.The shocks are set @ 10 clicks +on rear 16 clicks @ front when I drive the car it bounces down the road can any help please ,Are the tyres to low pressers or are the tyres soft could this be the prob

Regards

Ernie

ernie,

you have lowered, uprated springs. Lowered means the car is nearer the ground, so they need to be "up-rated" meaning stiffer, so that the suspension travels less far for the same input, and doesn't collide with the nearer ground. Stiffer springs feel bouncier, less waftey. Is this what you are experiencing?

John

The point on tyre pressures. We tend to fit modern tyres with a different profile to the original tyres. So do we set the pressure suggested on the tyre or that in the TR manuals ? Cheers Peter

Tony. Thank you down under. We are having an Aussie summer in the UK at present. Best regards Peter

Tony. Thank you down under. We are having an Aussie summer in the UK at present. Best regards Peter

That's interesting, we are having an english summer here.....it's piddling down...... :D :D

Tony