Hi all,

My wipers have a tendency to lift off the knurled splines, whilst at the Basingstoke festival of transport (great day out by the way) at the weekend it was pointed out that there should be a 'metal clip' that sits inside and secures the arm to the spline.

I can't find any mention of it in the usual catalogues but clearly I need a pair.

Can anyone help where I might buy some or alternatively does anyone has original wiper arms that they would like to sell on.

Thanks

Jim

Hi, Jim, I don't think the clips are available as an item, they are part of the arm assembly, and grip the splined shat at the'waist'. I am surprised yours are missing. I think you will have to source replacement arms. I guess it might be worth checking that the new ones are fitted with the clips; to be honest, I have never heard of them being supplied without them. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me will be able to shed some light on this.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Austin

Hi Jim, do you have photo of the offending item? I need to check mine that I bought from moss?

Having taken one arm off I can see mine is a different design with a sprung hook that secures under the lip of the spline, but only if you push it down hard (mine wasn't) it isn't a cosy fit though with plenty of vertical movement.

In the great scheme of things only a little matter but still rewarding to work it through.