Rover V8 engine continually breaks down after 4-5 miles

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm getting there, chemo cycles finished so next milestone is the PET scan (16th July) which will determine if all is successful, if so then some surgery then back to norm :D fingers crossed!

Best wishes

Phil

Well done Phil,

Some very frustrating times! the battery disconnect thingy looks horrible - I've had them fitted to several cars and never had an issue, but there is always a first time!

Now go out and enjoy the car.

All the best

Ian

I had a similar issue many years ago with my TR8, it had been converted from LHD to RHD, in the changeover the fuse block (cant think of a better word) had not been fixed and was floating about, as part of the conversion they had bypassed fuses (don't you just love dodgy mechanics) by attaching wires to the input end, when the car cornered the fuse block moved slightly resulting in the wire earthing and the fuel pump stopping and when the fuel bowl was dry the car stopped. When the car was still the block would move back into position and the pump would start up and the cycle would repeat, cost me a fortune in wasted track day entry fees before I got to the bottom of that one