http://www.cjautos.eu/product_p/cr02.htm

http://www.cjautos.eu/product_p/cr012.htm

Can anyone advise on the suitability and robustness of these types of extending ramps.

The TR3A 'low rider' cannot reverse up onto standard ramps as the bumper irons are too low and even with extending ramps and the wife standing on a plank to stop them flying back, as the rear wheels engage they just go everywhere. The resulting creaking from jacking up one side at a time just scares me. I don't like the idea of a jack each side, so thought these might be the answer as they are low to drive onto and rise up and down together.

I don't have a compressor so they would need to be manually pumped.

There are older versions around on various websites that manually crank up?

Which is best, does the locking mechanism on air versions really work !

Experiences greatly appreciated.

(porro vita ut forum)

I have a set of the wind up type and they are very robust and easy to use with a ratchet and socket. Takes a while to raise them to high this way but cheaper than the hydraulic type. I'm pleased with them

These have to be made of chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lifting-Car-Device-Ramp-Jack-2t-2-Heights-Hydraulic-Adjustable-Vans-Professional-/331104223606?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item4d17598176

Is this one of those be quick and buy it now before they notice the decimal in the wrong place?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEAD-ON-S-FOR-ADJUSTABLE-CAR-RAMPS-OR-HYDRAULIC-CAR-RAMPS-CJAUTOS-CRO1B-/330782802180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d04310104

For the rear of a sidescreen either get a set of these made up or do it yourself. Make them a saddle bracket that drops over a rung and locates the track to the ramp. Cheaper option.

The original ones asked about were from CJAutos which I have and think are good quality. The cheap hydraulic (red ones) I've seen at shows and are just a small bottle jack under a plate, not so good. Yes I would agree get the low level additional ramps but they are really easy to make if you can weld.

Any hydraulic lift will drop overtime so make sure it has a mechanical safety stop fitted. Just as you wouldn't crawl under your car with just a trolley jack

I don't reverse up the ramps (Levo-Artis).... tried it once with similar results to you! always front first (for rear wheel drive). I prefer to have the car level, how do you drain oil etc with the car at 45 degrees?

john

Edited by johnny250

Andrew P

first ebay item description.

"2 ramps with built-in jacks,
lifting capacity 2000 kg,
max. width to 245er tires"

even if the jacks slipped you still would not get crushed.

second item is quite clearly for the lead in ramps and I suggested they could be made for a set of ordinary ramps as opposed to Austins slipping scaffold boards.

Unless you are a welding inspection engineer (I was CSWIP quailified) and furthermore a structural engineer I doubt a poke and prod would tell you much. They are coming from Germany as well!!!!!!!!!!

rgds

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

Hi Rod, the problem with the first ones is that the lower part of the set up is like a standard ramp, which I cannot get onto anyway :-(

To stop ramps skidding out from under your car when driving up them place each ramp on a rubber foot mat..Makes life so much easier.

Cheers,

JeffR

Hi Austin,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-Landrover-off-road-sand-ladders-waffle-boards-/141283270558?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item20e5239f9e

What you need is a pair of these hooked to your ramps with some rubber matting below. Better still jack up with a trolley jack and put the ramps one facing back and one facing forward. Car wont go anywhere and you can do it in the dry inside the garage. Do same with front and the car is at a safe working height. Two pairs chepap ramps and a trilley jack Simples!! Use the money for something you really need. Tee hee!!

Talk soon

rgds

Rod

Hello, I have a set of the CJ Autos 3 in 1 mini tilting lift, 1.5 tonne capacity, easy and quick to lift my 4a, it will slide under with the car on all 4 wheels but it would be easy enough to drive onto 4 bits of 6" X 1" to raise the car to slide the lift underneath, only downside it does restrict access to the middle part of the chassis, engine and diff easy to get to, cheers, Andrew

Hi Everybody

Sounds either expensive or awkward to me. I use four stands (two cut from old ramps and two welded up.) Steel scaffold planks on top joined together. Drive car on and use an engine crane to lift first the front and then the back. All these things I already had so no expense.

Dave

Cheers Dave - Sadly my garage is barely big enough to squeeze a car in, let alone other substantial bits of stuff.

Johnny 250 - do you not get your man to drain and replace the oil for you whilst you are in Monaco !

Dig your self a pit much much better standing / sitting at the correct height rather than laying on your back, never looked back since I dug mine, only looked up :rolleyes::o:D

Nigel

Nibbo

I would love a pit, but when we built the garage we hit rock, and as the neighbour´s pool is immediately behind our boundary fence, I couldn´t use a pecker for fear of cracking his pool.

Dave