TR4 throttle cables

this is truely frustrating. I have spent the morning digging through various online and offline parts catalogues trying to find a Throttle cable for my TR4. No-one seems to supply one! can anybody tell me the part no. for a throttle cable that I might narrow down my search a little or tell me if the TR5 throttle cable is the same as a TR4 one seeing as EVERYONE seems to have one of them  ???

TR4s as standard don't have throttle cables. The standard carbs are linkage operated. Do you have standard H6-SU or 175CD-Stromberg carbs or have you converted to Webbers or later HS6 SUs?

I suspect you have a conversion on your car. I would measure up the cable outer/ inner lengths and see if it matches the TR5 type, you may even find a one-size cable that can be adjusted to suit.

Andy (GSKTR4) has a neat throttle conversion on his (Running SUs), might be worth asking which cable is fitted to his.

hope this helps!

Adey

Andy (GSKTR4) has a neat throttle conversion on his (Running SUs), might be worth asking which cable is fitted to his.

Mine's fitted with a pair (as a failsafe on a rally car) of late (ie. rubber bumper) MGB cables - but of course it all depends on the way your conversion has been done.

Have you tried one of those universal throttle cable kits? You just cut the outer and cable to the required lengths - good idea to solder up the cut end immediately rather than wait for it to fray  :D

aha - EOL *** C - I believe that it had a single cycle type weber cable on it - but twas not me that built it and generally it was not me .......

How is the car btw ?

Regards

Tony

aha - EOL *** C - I believe that it had a single cycle type weber cable on it - but twas not me that built it and generally it was not me .......

How is the car btw ?

Regards

Tony