OK….I've never done this before so bear with me….

I'm going to take a look at my front suspension today as I have some movement in my front wheels that can't be taken up by the wheel bearing, so it has been suggested it's trunnion bushes.

I bought a replacement trunnion bush set and they've sat in the tool box until today when I decided to open the package and take a look.

The black plastic (poly???) bushes don't seem to be a very good fit on the sleeve. From what I understand, the sleeve IS supposed to rotate within the sleeve and NOT the bolt inside the sleeve but it seems to me to be excessively loose. Should they be like this?

Also, are there instructions anywhere I can follow? after moving my Haynes manual AND "brown bible" have hidden themselves from me!

Thanks chaps

Simon

The bush will be tightened by the big thru bolt, the bushes will rotate on the bush and inside the trunion.

See page 60.15.13 in the brown bible, I tried to upload the page but was denied by the file type.

John

Edited by John L

Correction

The 4 nylon bushes go in the lower arms, and the tubes go inside them, its only the bolt that goes thru the trunnion, as the bushes are locked to the trunnion by the bolt.

Make sure you put some grease on the thru bolt, to stop it rusting on the bushes. Also bolt head should be at the front, or the nut will cut a groove in the disc when on full lock.

John

I guess that is a bit loose, from your video, but it may be tightened up a bit when the bush is fitted into the lower arms may compress the bush a bit?

Are the black bushes the nylatron ones?, mine were white/clear material when I fitted mine.

J

Simon, I recently fitted a trunnion bush kit that looked very similar to the kit you have, the plastic(poly) bushes were very difficult to fit into the lower wishbone arms(I chamfered lightly the leading edge of each bush and squeezed them in using a small vice), once the plastic bushes were installed the steel sleeves were a good fit and it was easy to reassemble all the other components, so try one of the plastic bushes in your wishbone arms and see.

Cheers Rob