TR3 replica for sale

Apart from those rear arches- it's quite convincing. Put some wires on it, flog that plate and it might make a fun, cheap, useable weekend car.

Mike

Apart from those rear arches- it's quite convincing. Put some wires on it, flog that plate and it might make a fun, cheap, useable weekend car.

Mike

Deleted.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

If someone wants a plastic 'TR' for under 10, why don't they buy a 7 !!

(....ducks....)

Did anyone notice the TR5 abandoned resto for sale on the same site:-

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C462072

No photos, and partly restored but now packed in boxes! All for £20k.

Alan

If it is one of those kits then how is it registered as a 62 TR3 ?

Edited by stuart

All this car needs is for the word "replica" to be added to the V5C…however, to achieve this, the DVLA would insist on it being IVA tested…….problem is, this car would NEVER pass the IVA in it's current state. It would need a total rebuild from the ground up to comply with the latest regulations.

Sellers of incorrectly registered kit cars always say "but it's taxed and MOT'd and insured so it must be legal" yeah right…have a serious accident in an incorrectly registered kit car and it gives the insurer the chance to say "hang on…that's not a TR2….." I wouldn't want to risk it.

A few years ago, the DVLA offered an "amnesty" where all incorrectly registered kit cars could have their details changed WITHOUT having to resort to SVA/IVA testing. Sadly those days are long past and from what I understand the MOT test will soon take into account what the car is as well before issuing a test certificate. (note the seller has put "good for export….."

Could be a whole world of pain!

Having said all that…IF the car were cheap enough (3-4K) to enable a full strip down/rebuild and to comply with the latest IVA regs (IVA tests are something north of £500 by themselves now) it would make a nice little project, I certainly would consider it. Sadly I think the seller may want a bit more than I could offer!

Simon

Edited by simonjrwinter

The original makers did have a couple of cars on show at Malvern a few years ago but they were on new registrations.No pretence of being anything else.

Stuart.