Ball joint polyurethane covers

Does anybody know where I can get spare covers for the top ball joint on the front suspension.

The new ball joints I fitted 2 years ago have had 2 sets of rubber covers perish & split on them, making them MOT failures. I don't want to fit another set of rubber ones which will not last any time at all. I read somewhere that they were available in polyurethane but have been unable to track down any suppliers in this country.

Can any members help

Regards

Craig

Craig,

That's apalling - it really needs the supplier naming and shaming. Best do that on the members only section?

Mine are 20-years old,and doing fine, touch wood, so I cant help,sorry.

Peter

The AH/MG boys sell gaiters only.

The orig TR number was 138509

Something tells me EAW2270 from Sprite Mk 1 did the job. all about a pound each.

Cheers

Peter W

Does anybody know where I can get spare covers for the top ball joint on the front suspension.

The new ball joints I fitted 2 years ago have had 2 sets of rubber covers perish & split on them, making them MOT failures. I don't want to fit another set of rubber ones which will not last any time at all. I read somewhere that they were available in polyurethane but have been unable to track down any suppliers in this country.

Can any members help

Regards

Craig

Just noticed today that my Steering Rack Rod ends have gone the same way and they are only 13 months old, and the car probably only ran for 20 hours last year. Anyone know if the rubbers are available?

Just noticed today that my Steering Rack Rod ends have gone the same way and they are only 13 months old, and the car probably only ran for 20 hours last year. Anyone know if the rubbers are available?

Yes they are,I am having to replace one of mine after an advisory on the MOT last week,Rimmers do them individually or as a kit around £15 the kit which includes clips

Same problem had the tr mot'd yesterday at my local garage - only to be told have you seen that your ball joint rubbers are both split - they were only fitted 18 months ago.

The owner then appeared with 2 new rubbers and clips and said have them on me and just fit them when you get chance.

Common sense rules - but it begs the question why did they split so quickly?

Also can some one please point me in the right direction to get my car tax sorted it is elligable for historic tax now - im sure there was a thread on the forum but cant find it.

Many thanks

I had the same problem with the rubbers and some garages (the one I used for one!) have rubber boots that come in a kit. The problem is that the kits come as a set. Invariably they are left with the less popular sizes, it is worth asking. I think the company is P&P Auto Products.

Peter