It Lives!, TR4A, firsts trial run after 30 years

I presume it was insured, taxed, registered ? was that a UK number plate ?

Great news though - These engines do seem to put up with long storage, Mine (TR3) also had not been started for 30 Years,

& after a lot of initial smoke has proved to be a "good un"

Bob.

Awesome:-)) Great exhaust note too:-) Have fun.

Best.

Paul.

I presume it was insured, taxed, registered ? was that a UK number plate ?

Bob.

Insurance is not mandatory in NZ the MOT is called the warrant of fitness (every 6 months) I did not see it on the wind screen and seatbelts are mandatory on every car registered after 1967. It was a UK number plate. But it looks like he had fun and thats what counts, good on im

Cheers

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog
  • 5 weeks later...

My first Triumph was a TR250 I found in a orchard within 1000 feet of my home, I was searching to buy one and had no idea it had been sitting in the rain and snow for 20 years there. Drug it to a barn, checked the fluids, put a battery in and it started right up like any good tractor should. I drove it home.

My second was a Tr4a 67, it had been in a garage for 10 years, nice that this one had the aluminum surrey top. I checked fluids, put a electronic ignition on and started it right up too.

My Third had been sitting for 12 years, the current one, 1965. It had rebuilt carbs but old gas, had to rebuild the tank, clear the lines and found out the carbs were all wrong, had those rebuilt, it runs very well and I am debating how far to take a restoration. It took years to find black with red interior car and since it is one of the first 1965's made I feel like I should keep this one. https://flic.kr/p/neKhbn