Latest pictures of my Smurf car

Heh heh judging by the look on her face thats a bit of an understatement! :o

Stuart.

The capping on the door may have helped her, looks like she is holding on for grim death.

On one picture of us negotiating Hairpin 6 on Stelvio, my wife was casually holding her arm on top of the door. A sarcastic friend of mine asked if she was holding the door on, I shall have to find something equalling that about his Alvis Speed 20.

Dave

took my mother in law for a spin yesterday, first time she has been speachless in years :D

10562679_10152986515427306_3540731909510

Alan, you deserve a warning point : the less you could have done was to remove all the passenger door fixings !

I imagine the face of Sophie : "Darling, I've lost your mother in a fast left corner..."

She is 80 and didn't mind the 60MPH romp through some of the local smaller twisting roads but here she thought I was going to drive into the gate post ! I am still waiting the door and cockpit cappings !

Alan, you deserve a warning point : the less you could have done was to remove all the passenger door fixings !

I imagine the face of Sophie : "Darling, I've lost your mother in a fast left corner..."

no hope of that even if she fell out she would find her way home :P:ph34r::rolleyes:

Edited by Kiwifrog

Alan--------"And this is how we go sideways mum, isn't fun yes?"

Mum in law -------------"Very nice dear but the gate is shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" EEEEK!!!!

Alan

I see that you have made your air trunking out of either aluminium or steel, which is it? Mine is from 2mm thick aluminium and do you have a top plate as well. I fitted mine to try and stop flies and insects getting splattered against the firewall etc. but I made mine a little too far back and though it is better, they still get through as witnessed by those splattered on the top edge of the plate. It took me two hours to get the flies out of the radiator on my return from Italy and that was with the bumper off and the grill out.

BTW. Can you pass the parking lights through the holes on the grill with the lens and chrome ring removed, I did it the hard way and removed the grill with them in position.

Dave

Dave

The trunking is the standard cardboard stuff varinshed to stop it melting in the rain. I attached the lights to the grille and then after the grille was attached I connected the wires upto the bullet connectors

cheers

Alan

Pooftah Blue ?

Well he's a Kiwi, so you'd kind of expect something a bit fey, it goes with the territory . . . . ;)

I mean, these are the blokes who dress in skirts and do all-male dancing on the rugger pitch for heaven's sake. As my old games teacher used to say about Kiwis and baths . . . . but no, maybe we'd better not go there, some poor PC sod will get the hump . . . . :rolleyes:

If you ignore the colour it's a nice looking car, and I suppose pooftah blue is no worse than some of the Frogmobile colours of the 50s and 60s, thinking of the more effete offerings from Renault and Simca, let alone the likes of Panhard or Facel Vega . . . . and the French national racing shade of blue isn't exactly stirring either, come to that, think Gordini for example. B)

I suppose you could think of Kiwi's particular mix as a twenty first century interpretation of French Racing Blue, seriously watered down by half a century of the Fifth Republic, the last of the (relatively speaking) glory days went before the collapse of the Fourth . . . . :ph34r:

Cheers

Alec

Alec

French racing Blue, the last time I heard about that was at the Grand Prix of Gibraltar as narrated by Peter Ustinov.

I wish they would do the HAKA in front, and to David Cameron´s new cabinet, maybe that will wake them up a bit, especially with all those tongues stuck out to them,

I always enjoy the All Blacks vs. the Boks for good rugby spectacle, and always support either of them when they play the Frogs.

Dave

Pooftah Blue ?

Well he's a Kiwi, so you'd kind of expect something a bit fey, it goes with the territory . . . . ;)

Alec

Fer X'st's sake what's wrong with blue?*

Surely you meant Pooftah Pink? (It alliterates too!)

Guess you think it should have been all black, which would get pretty hot in summer.

*wedgewood blue especially.