Racing when is anybody out?

Any body racing this weekend if so where?

What is this seasons must have?

In my case it is an engine in one piece connected to a gearbox with the right sincro hubs and I am still working on the axles but the crank is out on the bench so a little to do yet

regards

Michael

Donnington 29/30 march

i think you will find TRs in the thoroughbred races .

Alan lucky you, i'm almost ready but you know full well how long it takes to rebuild and just how long that last little bit seems to take.

Roy

I'll be racing the TR6 at Donington on Sunday 30th March in the Thoroughbred Sportscars Championship double header. There will be 2 other TR6s in the race, Jon Ellison and Pete Dumelow.

At the moment I've still got a few jobs to finish to be ready for a CSCC test day at Snetterton on Thursday 27th March. No point in being ready too early when you can panic at the last moment as usual!!

Alan

I'll also be at Snetterton on 12th April. I think there will be 2 or 3 other TRs there as well. I look forward to catching up with you.

Dave McD

There is a 2 and a 3 entered at Goodwood on Sunday, the latter a Mr Skinner ?

Both races for TSCC at Donnington are on Sunday

It is also Mothering Sunday so rather than watch the action and check out the cars I will be entertaining my 92 year old mother

Such is life's complex nature

In the mean time to those that will be there have a good day!

Michael

Alan

Judging by our comparative performance at Donington last year, I doubt it very much.

Michael

Yes, the fact that the races are on Mothering Sunday has been mentioned at our house!! I will be seeing my 89 year old mother on Friday.

Jon

I see that you have succumbed to the MGCC pressure! Don't fancy your journey on Sunday morning for 7-30 scrutineering. I live a lot closer than you but I'm still going Saturday afternoon. It also gives me a chance to see where the racing lines are on the Melbourne Loop, I've never raced on that part of the track before. Is your radiator grille on upside down?

Christian

Will Hockenheim be in the TR4 or the newly aquired TR7?

Dave McD

Christian

Dave McD

Hi Dave,

don't scare me that way. Hope I don't get a TR7, maybe a TR7V8 from the chassis number.

Not sure if the car will be here in time for this race.

Most wisdom seems to be that the Melbourne loop adds nothing to the circuit apart from distance!!! It surely knocks 7 bells out of the brakes - reminding me of spectacular rear brake fire a few years ago - beware!!

Jon

I see that you have succumbed to the MGCC pressure! Don't fancy your journey on Sunday morning for 7-30 scrutineering. I live a lot closer than you but I'm still going Saturday afternoon. It also gives me a chance to see where the racing lines are on the Melbourne Loop, I've never raced on that part of the track before. Is your radiator grille on upside down?

Christian

Dave McD

Dave, I was fed up finishing next car up after most of the D class BCV8's (usually beat a couple) and getting no pot, as I had said I did not want to pop a roof on it last year (after the rule was blanket imposed whether I had been entering sufficient races in precding years to keep them happy). So pop a roof on finally. It has not had the hardtop on it since bought about 25 years back (original hangs in a frame made for it in fathers garage and weigh a bloody ton! Screen not been on for a good while to and needed some TLC. Fiber top is really good and weighs only 13kg. but overall I have added about 30kg. Grill same as its always been, just took of the TR6 badge (think I will pop it back on though - nice to know what you are being lapped by!).

Oil changed, tidied / painted a few panels when the hardtop painted and kicked the types (and MOT) ;) Alot more to switching to the hardtop than you would imagine.

Chris, good job the Monster TR7V8 not out at Zandvoort! I'd have to bring the Griff :D

Alan

Safe, yes.

Succesful, no.

Came away with car stuck in 2nd gear, can't move gear lever, jammed solid. Think it's a problem in gearbox top lid/selectors but it was raining steadily by then and just couldn't be bothered to try to sort it at track. Will tackle it today.

Other than, in the limited track time that I got, that car ran well.

Dave

Dave I have a few spare top selector thingies (away carry on in box now for races), you can borrow for Sunday.

If there early can you save me a slot near scrutineering bay. As these peeps at donington are getting stupidly anal about not starting cars before 9. Had a nitemare getting best part of a ton TR6 from one end of pits to the scrut bay last year - utterly stupid (car is road legal!).

Jon

Thanks, but I have one of my own.

I unjammed the gearbox this morning and, as expected, the problem was in the remote change. I've been out rest of day but just going to change it now.

I suspect prime Paddock spaces will be taken as BCV8 racers are in same area on Saturday and many of them staying on for Sunday Thoroughbreds.

The big gripe about the noise restrictions that I and I'm sure everyone else has, is that jets start taking off over the circuit from East Midlands Airport at about 06 30 on Sundays making far more noise than our cars.

Dave

good stuff on likely gbox fix.

Agree on planes and noise - a total joke. Just jobs worths that don't fancy racing through their limited weight about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can barely push my TR6. Will be fun if other end of pits. I think It will definately started before 9!

Do report on the activities in both pit, practice and race, anyone going - could you post phots of cars in pits, racing and of course the results.....please

Have a good day - at least we have arranged good dry weather!!

Michael