Not for the faint hearted tr250/5.

Heh heh I`ve done worse :wacko: love the bits of wood jammed in to keep it upright and the bit of chain holding the trailing arm in place.Really shouldnt be advertised as 250/5 though. :angry:

Stuart.

Hi Folks,

indeed it is quite manky - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR250-TR5-/121301499161?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c3e21fd19

The poster states that there are only 600 of these around, surely that can;t be right.

I wonder what he wants for it. It is a crock of sh*t though.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

The poster states that there are only 600 of these around, surely that can;t be right.

Ha, ha, he's wrong Roger - I've seen about 6,000 TR5s for sale in recent years and the numbers are growing..................

Cheers

Andrew

The RoStyle trims and the steering wheel could be sold to fund the restoration!

Love the Axminster boot board.

I think he's got his wharfs and warps mixed up.

But, the definition of a time-warp is that it comes out of the garage 30 years later, almost as good as when it went it, just needing a bit of recommissioning and dusting off.

Trade descriptions act and all that.

Still, it's an easy restoration, you just need twice the eventual value of the car to put it right. it reminds me of the one I'm doing.

All the best,

Dave.

Come on chaps, let's not beat about the bush. Company men used to bandy about the correct technical term for this kind of situation - " terminated with extreme prejudice ". It's kind of like rogered, but carried to the nth degree . . . . end result of 6 x .45 rounds at not too long a range.

You might apply the plates and the documents to A N Other vehicle . . . . .

You won't manage a Lazarus job with this one though, about as likely as recreating Frankfinstein from a 3 weeks dead dogfish and a 9v battery.

Cheers

Alec

Just checked out the Ebay photo's. They give a new meaning to separate chassis or should that be separated chassis?

I paid the same amount for my 250 resto project but it was a bit more solid than this one and came with a spare rear body tub.

Hopefully the buyer will keep us informed of their progress

Alan