"View New Content" not working?

Is it just me for whom the "View New Content" button isn't working? Started this evening and gives the same result on iPad and PC.

It must be some setting that has been changed on my account by the admins, I gotta think. I can't see new content on the mobile app either, and clearing cookies from the browser and logging in again makes no difference.

I thought I might have to say "Articles of Asscociation", Stuart. That seems to get all hands on deck.

'Course, that would probably get my request for help deleted entirely...

Thanks for the suggestion, Niall -- tried it, but no joy. I've been logged in all along and logging off/in again makes no difference.

I'll see how much cached stuff I can purge and try again. The fact that it happens on iPad, iPhone, and two PCs makes me think its gonna take admins to solve, but they seem to be otherwise occupied.

Mushroom farming season is rapidly approaching. That's likely to have everyone busy.

Hi Pete,

if you look at the moderator's page

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

you can see when they were last active.

Mike the Webby seems to have taken a back seat; Brian and office rarely look at Forum; Ian B, Ian C and Wayne are regular visitors.

You don't have to go back in time that far to recall that it was largely down to Webby, with remarkably little need for moderation, and everything just worked.

Membership hasn't changed much since Webby did it all.

The difference between now and then is one of management attitude, and too many cooks. How many does it take to make mushroom soup ?

Cheers

Alec

Bueller?

I still get this on all my devices whenever I try to view new content.

i-Xmd9fbW-L.jpg

Don,

The problem, is clear from your screenshot you included above. When using the "View New Content" button , you are offered a selection of filters by which that feature "sorts" the new content it displays.

These filters are shown in pink on the right hand side of your screen.

You currently have it selected to "just items I follow" and from that only content from the last 24 hours. There is clearly no content that meets that criteria so therefore none is shown. That is what "Sorry, no new content found" is referring to.

Change your selection to "Content I have not read" or "New content since my last visit" and you will see the items that are relevant to that selection.

See my screenshot below which I hope explains it. The feature is working perfectly well, you just need to change the selection fields you have customized it to.

Despite your comments above, I am , as always happy to help when I can.

Regards,

Wayne Scott

Screen_Shot_2014_04_03_at_19_45_04.png

Mike Jarman was the original "webmaster" and he does look in from time to time but is a busy man and cannot devote his life to running the forum, neither is it fair to expect one volunteer to work on the forum solo.

There are a group of moderators that share the load but I have more experience of the technical side of things so am keeping the forum running and developing behind the scenes. I will continue to work on keeping the forum moving forward.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Wayne Scott.

We'll if you'll allow me to pedantic, no it doesn't answer the question as to who is the webmaster. It would appear that it's you and if so then the leaders page ought to reflect that. If the workload is too high for the group of leaders or individuals in the group then why not ask for more helpers? Response to this particular thread was quite swift but other questions remain unanswered.

Pete, if you or anyone else has a problem / issue or technical matter to resolve then please email me : press@tr-register.co.uk

OR PM me: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/12296-tr-register-press/

If I can't resolve the issue then I will pass you on to someone who can or I will take the matter on board and investigate it further.

I will attempt to watch the Forum Help section as much as I can but I have duties elsewhere to attend to so cannot be here every day.

The valuable thing about these help sections is that the forum community can assist each other by offering advice from one user to another.

Regards,

Wayne Scott.

Thanks, Wayne -- that did it! Must have been an inadvertent touch on my iPad -- I've never intentionally set any filters and never think about them. (I spend more time on Vbulletin forums, where this option doesn't exist like this.) I gotta learn more about navigation and control of IP.Board forum software, it seems.

Good to go now -- the View New Content is a most useful tool to catch up across all the subforums. Your help much appreciated.

Edited by Don H.

Good show Wayne, helpful input.

Pete's points are perfectly valid - a Forum cannot be managed efficiently unless the users are aware of the management structure.

It used to be simple, and quite extraordinarily efficient.

Subsequently, it has become less simple with more personnel involved - and become considerably less efficient. Not good.

That's without considering the amount of unnecessary censorship which has crept in over the past couple of years.

Horse, cart. Piss up, brewery. Spit it out and define the parameters. You'll do everyone a favour.

Cheers

Alec