So what fixed in the fast idle in the end? Always interesting to know what the issue was.

John

Hi John, I think my reply on the fix got a bit lost in the thread (post 16), but briefly the butterflies were not completely closed, only open about 5 thou, but as someone else pointed it it doesn't take much of a gap to get the revs going !

Hi Mac

i too have a 'leaky front end' so would be interested to compare notes before i rip the rad out etc !

if your car is back on the road perhaps come along to a local meet?

regards

steve

Sorry to hi jack, but what Churchill tool, Dave?

Sorry for late reply to this David W. Been away from office and home for a few days.

Churchill tool Co supplied machine tools to most motor manufacturers. Look in the back of the big brown TR bible and you will see reference to service tools all these are / were supplied by the Churchill tool company and are known by churchill tool numbers.

Strangely, the tool I referred to is not shown in the books I have at home, but it is in one triumph book I have seen in the past.

Wikipedia give the company history quite well.

Regards

Dave B