Francorchamps style Hardtop TR2 ?

HI,

Saw this on a flickr page.

Seems like a francorshamps style hardtop with some extra addition of sidescreen material to use the regular sidescreens:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fine-cars/123347342/in/set-72157623543971705

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fine-cars/123347342/in/set-72157623543971705/

Anyone?

Yes me too!

Friend of mine suggests it could be an Imperia product, with a Francorchamps used as a template.

Perhaps one of the fiber suppliers like honeybourne care to make such.

Like the sunroof. Would redesign the "quarter windows " though.

Edited by EdwinTiben

A friend of mine who's forgotten more about Triumphs than I'll know (and who has the moldering remains of one of the 22 or so Francorchamps Coupé cars in his barn) tells me that he seems to recall at least one Francorchamps made with side curtains. Even still, that one had the Perspex roof panel as best he remembers. No idea about the one in your images, Edwin.

I think this Belgian white 2 with the Francorchamps-style hardtop was at the 2013 Jabbeke speed record reunion last May. I took photos and may have transferred them to hard drive from my BB before I carelessly left that particular piece of equipment in Morocco recently (doh!). In addition there was a report on Jabbeke in a TRAction last summer, which may show the car...

Tim.

Seen that car before at an IWE.

in the photo it is along side OVC 276 the 54 mille miglia car now owned by Pascal Quirynen.

The onwner of the white car was the previous owner of OVC, don't think I ever got his name, but a very nice chap indeed,

and a lovely car!

John

I suspect its more than likely the remains of a Francorchamp roof turned into a hardtop as it also seems to have a sunroof albeit also in vinyl.

Stuart.

I suspect its more than likely the remains of a Francorchamp roof turned into a hardtop as it also seems to have a sunroof albeit also in vinyl.

Stuart.

that's a possibility too. hopefully not. would mean an original one in the scrapyard.

prefer the idea someone made a hardtop, would like to have it on my tr :)