Started her for the first time in months.

After many months of damp wet weather we had a dry day in Scotland, Yeh! I unwrapped the 3a from her winter wrap (Carcoon).

Discs still shiny, (try that with a modern) connected the battery from maintenance charger, pulled the choke and turned her over to get the fuel through a few times and up she went, fires up no pops and bangs. In with the choke and set a fastish idle till warm. set the idle again and run for 15 minutes. Switched off and immediately started on the button !!!! Couple of starts with varying time between. The only issue i had was a weeping, well crying front fuel hose to main line from the pump which was my fault for having polished coppery pipe.

Pretty good I feel BUT!!!!!

The car has been stored in an outdoor Carcoon bought new direct from the company Sept 2012 after the winter last year I noticed that the outer silvering coating had cracks all over the top. Advised to return to Carcoon AT MY EXPENSE, and it was mentioned that there may be a fault with material quality. Temorary garage cover made and cover returned to refurbished Carcoon late last year.

I have now noticed that the same problem has occurred again and again contacted Carcoon who told me to return the whole unit as the fan power supply had also failed, Again at my cost and I have to again build a .temporary garage.

Considering I paid the guts of £500 for this thing is it reasonable to have to return at my cost an item that was described as an outdoor unit and has been used as such?

Furthermore there is evidence of mildew outside and inside of the hood and generally a few blobs all over, not major cry in the soup stuff but irritating none the less.

Any suggestions how to remove mildew stains from inside hood and from tan leather????????????

Feeling a bit cheated at winning the battle but loosing the war after CARCOON told ME that I SHOULD EXPECT MILDEW WHERE I HAD TOUCHED THINGS??????????

Rod

HI Rod, good to here that your car started so easily after being laid up....But ....the carcoon, i would grab them by the throat !

So often we are given " off pat " answers to our problems,by these type of companies. They obviously have had the same complaints before,and then expect us to be satisfied by their replies.

If you have the time and the inclination, put pen to paper.

Have fun,

Conrad.