Le Mans TR's at Castle Coombe track day.

All

As of last night we had just 6 places left.

Once gone, we'll be full. I'm happy to take reserves just in case anyone has to pull out at the last minute but we are not going to squeeze more in. I want everyone to have all the track time they want (and that's much more than you get with some of the full time track day providers).

Not long now and looking forward to it.

regards kev

But of course.

Sunday a shower or two to wash the track down.

Monday set fair to dry everything out

And then Tuesday a bit of sunshine but with fluffy white clouds so as not to overheat the drivers or cars.

If we get 50 cars booked (44 when I last looked), then it's free bacon butties with tea or coffee for everyone (including dual drives, passengers and spectators on arrival.

regards kev

Oldtuckunder

You should have had an email from me so it appears yes you have missed something. Wirth checking junk mail or spam filters?

And now I'm at a disadvantage as I'll have your name, email and mobile from the booking form, but alas not your forum name so I can't resend the details.

I've sent you a PM instead.

regards kev

Booked.

(Is the Italia ready yet Stuart?)

Your not taking it round there :lol:

Stuart.

Your not taking it round there :lol:

Stuart.

Send it round first to clean up the track

Just thought I'd jump in first to thank Kevin Bryant for organising a great day!

Track was wet to damp in the morning for the sprints, which made it interesting, but the briefing had been good and a few of us took advantage of the chicane "get out of trouble" trick, and someone did attempt a fortunately non damaging attempt at starting the oil seed rape harvest early, but apart from that I don't believe there were any major incidents.

The afternoon track sessions were great as the track had dried out over lunch, I and my second driver certainly had enough track time, although at one point the queues did get a bit long and slow as a couple of people in wedge shaped V8 things hogged the track for a while, they had obviously gone to the early school of counting that goes one, two, many (instead of the anticipated three) and cars doing high teen laps does slow it down for everyone else. Unfortunately I don't think they can scrutineer for selfishness yet :-)

Anyway yet again "Thank you Kevin"

Oh and yes we did get the Free Bacon Rolls and Coffee!

Thanks

Alan

Edited by oldtuckunder

A superb day and very surprised how nice it stayed in the afternoon given the morning cloud!

Many many thanks Kev for organising the day, hopefully there will be another! I would agree re track time, a few more cars on track would have been ideal though my brakes would say otherwise!

Cheers Ps if anyone has any pics of MCW 60J that would be great! :)

Steve

Glad it dried up in the afternoon as it was a bit of a bum clenching experience in the morning!

I think we could have safely had a couple more cars on the track at any one time to reduce the queue a little, though the three lap limit was about right for my bakes as I got quicker towards the end.

Anyone know where I can buy some more smoke for my brakes as most of it leaked out in the paddock following my final run!

Neil

Tom, PM for this one.

DSCF1589_zps8b73656b.jpg

Just about a perfect execution of track limits - top marks !

Kevin

many thanks for organising such a successful day.

Apologies to all, for my causing a delay in the mornings proceedings,the Distributor decided to spit the dummy ( more correctly post and then a weight) which tried to exit through the distributor body, failed, jammed the dissy and striped the drive off the distributor, the wood ruff key on the shaft and the Mills pin!

Thankfully the TR register has people like Eric Mobley, who not only had a distributor in the boot of his car also had the generosity to go home and pick up a new shaft, bring it back and fit it.....absolutely unbelievable......Eric you where a real star thank you. This is what the TR Register is about.

Once again a great day saved for me and my lads by a great guy