Le Mans TR's at Castle Coombe track day.

The forthcoming TRR track day will see at least two of our Le Mans cars getting some practise in and hopefully all three cars will be there on the day.

For those of you who haven't been on a track day before and want to experience some fast driving without the threat of a GATSO camera I cannot recommend this type of event enough. Given the fact that Goodwood charges over £300 for such an event and Silverstone is a whopping £490 the TRR price of £60 is peanuts!

So what are you waiting for? You don't need special helmets and overalls. Just a decent car that doesn't leak oil all over the place. ( difficult I know on a TR but there you go) SIGN UP NOW!

Hogie .

Paul,

Excellent news. Looking forward to seeing the cars on the track.

Yet another reason for local groups to come along for a day out even if they don't want to enjoy their cars on the track.

As Paul says, sign up now. It'll be a great day out.

regards kev

Got olde smokey static noise tested at Brands today, - she makes only 94 decides at 3,250 rpm !

• 2 weeks later...

Well we're about half way there now in terms of bookings.

A few people have asked to book non Triumphs but I'm afraid we are declining these. The car must be a four wheeled Triumph or derivative.

It's a great way to enjoy your car and far safer than being a bit enthusiastic on public roads, however quiet they appear to be.

So come on chaps and ladies, visit the TR Register shop and book your place now. It'll be the best £60 you'll spend on yourself / your car in 2014.

Book now and take care

Kev

29th April - I'd love to be there, with my car, but at present, no engine.

Two blew last year (the 'experimental' and then the old one with new bearings) and my rebuild of the 'experimental' has been thwarted by a cracked block.

Start again, but the machine shop still working on my alternative block.

I fear it cannot be ready, even for a gentle 'break-in' run by then.

But if not full, will late entries be possible?

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Paul

Jerry beat me to the response. Clearly need to log in more regularly.

John

Late entries may be possible. At the moment I have 23 cars and about 40 drivers. If we get to 40 cars I'll take a view on how many drivers we have and may close it. I want to ensure that every who attends gets all the track time they want. We can have up to 6 cars on the circuit at any time. At Blyton last year we were restricted to just three cars and about 20 cars and no one had to wait more than a couple of minutes to get on. It's that sort of day I want to run again. At 40 cars we'll have covered our costs so no great desire to go beyond that.

I'd say book, it'll help make sure you're ready for Motorsport at the Palace in May

Take care all, and as they say, don't delay - book today

Kev

Hi Paul,

I am new to track days - is it OK to come along as a spectator? Do I need to book in somehow? I am just converting my TR4a to fast road spec and it would be handy to talk to some experts!

Paul

If I may, Paul, Paul would be most welcome!

Track days are like motor racing used to be.

Open paddock, just stroll around and chat, bearing in mind that a driver just going out, or just come in (with a problem) may not want a conversation right then!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

I'd really like to do this day, but like John I'm waiting on parts.

in my case its hubs,don't really want to stress my 40 year old hubs on a track......

so have ordered Ali frnot hubs with uprated stubs and bearings, and a full CV rear shaft/hub setup.

I'd like at least the fronts before committing to the track.

not done a TR trackday before, done quite a few on varios motorbikes though.

fingers crossed!

steve

Paul,

Just to re-enforce the comments from others. We’d love to see a full paddock of 40 Triumphs (or derivatives) and equally full car park of supporters and spectators, especially so if they are driving a Triumph.

The on-site restaurant will be open for business as will Merlin Motorsports.

First cars should be on the track for just after 9.00am and it all has to end at 5.00pm. There will be an hour’s break for lunch for the marshals. The morning will be run a sprint session and the afternoon as an open track day with a maximum of 6 cars on the track at any time.

To drive, book now. To spectate, just turn up on the day - we'd love to see you there.

Kev

Hi Everyone,

The three Le mans TR's met up for the first time last weekend at the Revington TR open day. With our main sponsors PENRITE now on board we are looking forward to our first track testing session at the TRR Castle Coombe track day at the end of the month. We hope you will come and see how we get on. My thanks to David Fosse for the photos he took that day.

Hogie.

post-2592-0-76896300-1396902935_thumb.jpg

Wayne

Surely this will be of interest to the Classic Car magazines? Any chance you can use your magic and either get some professional images for the magazines or even a few of their staff / guest writers along?

regards kev

PS and I don't think I've notced your booking yet.

Wayne

Surely this will be of interest to the Classic Car magazines? Any chance you can use your magic and either get some professional images for the magazines or even a few of their staff / guest writers along?

regards kev

PS and I don't think I've notced your booking yet.

Kevin - the wheels are already very much in motion on that front! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Please contact the office by phone: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/contact.php

Or book your entry online: http://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/revington-tr--tr-register-sprint-and-hillclimb-test-and-track-day-49-c.asp

The shop will continue to list these for as long as there are spaces! So BOOK NOW!! :)